News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Quote from: kilodelta on July 03, 2015, 08:28:25 PM
I'm missing something... chance? Makeup? Please someone explain that picture to the slow witted... I mean, to me.
'

"The only reason I wear this is so that the other women of my school have a chance to have a boyfriend, because I am so sexy I would be the only woman the guys would see, completely ignoring all you other ugly people."

More or less.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Gawdzilla Sama

I'm missing something... chance? Makeup? Please someone explain that picture to the slow witted... I mean, to me.
Some women have been programmed to believe that covering up in compliance with rules written by men long dead gives them more freedom. And perhaps it does, from the men who believe in the same long dead men.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

kilodelta

Quote from: Shiranu on July 03, 2015, 09:31:02 PM
'

"The only reason I wear this is so that the other women of my school have a chance to have a boyfriend, because I am so sexy I would be the only woman the guys would see, completely ignoring all you other ugly people."

More or less.

Thanks. That makes sense to my beer addled mind. False conceit. Bravo. Encore. Encore. Author! Author!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

kilodelta

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 03, 2015, 10:25:16 PM
Some women have been programmed to believe that covering up in compliance with rules written by men long dead gives them more freedom. And perhaps it does, from the men who believe in the same long dead men.

If it weren't for a religious rule, I probably wouldn't bat an eye at the cover up... but, since it has something to do with some stupid religion, I'm against it... truthfully be said that is... or my beer goggles are misleading me into thinking that. Quick, someone correct that!
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

drunkenshoe

What do you think she is talking about 'wearing' in that pic? :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 03, 2015, 10:25:16 PM

I know several women who wear the hijab strictly on their own concordance, and their reasoning is a bit more than just... "eh, ancient rules give me freedom". And I would say that it works for what they want as well.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Shiranu on July 04, 2015, 01:55:47 PM
I know several women who wear the hijab strictly on their own concordance, and their reasoning is a bit more than just... "eh, ancient rules give me freedom". And I would say that it works for what they want as well.
And would they remove it and never don it again if that so suited them? While remaining Muslim, of course. Just wondering.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Yeah. And that's the majority of them. I have known many women wearing turban -we don't have burqa or whatever the other is called- they are educated and perfectly happy with it. There is a black and white look at muslim women about this -that they are all forced to do this-  they find it very offensive; like hurtful. I have seen so many different scenarios about this, I think I get that. If there is no oppression, they should be left alone.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on July 04, 2015, 03:19:30 PM
And would they remove it and never don it again if that so suited them? While remaining Muslim, of course. Just wondering.

I had a class mate. AyÅŸe. (You write that Aysha?) She thought she looked very bad with it. (She was right) At least that was what she said when she stopped wearing it. And she was a pretty woman.

Aletheia

Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

aitm

Brainwashing, in any religion, is still brainwashing.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust