News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 31, 2021, 04:36:54 PM
LOL I was talking about completely a different angle, but seriously would you like to go over the lines of the original Ghostbusters, as adults? Not the fact that it is full of chicks, I mean.

The original was meant for adults. It was a dry comedy from a different time. Which is what makes the 2016 reboot so... amazing? ....appalling? It should have been a funny comedy, at least. Maybe with a sense of humor updated to today. It didn't have that.

I could seriously spend thirty minutes analyzing the words "face bidet." I swear to god...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on December 31, 2021, 05:26:00 PM
The original was meant for adults. It was a dry comedy from a different time. Which is what makes the 2016 reboot so... amazing? ....appalling?

No, it makes the same thing. A dry comedy for adults E: 20 years later.

QuoteIt should have been a funny comedy, at least. Maybe with a sense of humor updated to today. It didn't have that.

We all like it, but the original really wasn't a 'funny' comedy. We liked it because it wasn't done before and when it was done it was with those men, with that story and dry humor. They already had names.

QuoteI could seriously spend thirty minutes analyzing the words "face bidet." I swear to god...

Oh come on, anti, lol.

E: And everybody hated because it was promoted with feminism. The bad movie in that sense is Wonder Woman.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbR6X-oZo5c

It definitely had jokes LOL.  And decent ones.  Perfect blend of seriousness and snark.

I've used the "disaster of biblical proportions.  human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together" joke pretty recently.  Didn't land with Gen Z, unfortunately.  I said it was from Ghostbusters and they thought I meant the 2016 one.  :/

drunkenshoe

Of course it had. I loved those movies as a kid. I'm just saying the version with girls is not that bad. Don't you remember those days when the girl version was released? Masses of men and boys got organised to vote that movie down with a grudge. (I'm not putting you guys in there.) But honestly, when I watched it I was expecting something far worse back then.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 02, 2022, 12:22:13 AM
...It definitely had jokes LOL.  And decent ones.  Perfect blend of seriousness and snark.

I've used the "disaster of biblical proportions.  human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together" joke pretty recently.  Didn't land with Gen Z, unfortunately.  I said it was from Ghostbusters and they thought I meant the 2016 one.  :/

Ha, you got mature my friend. :lol: At some point kids don't even register movies, songs before some time, you'll notice that. I start to feel that nearly around 10 years ago. I'm sure I sound like that to SGOS or Mike.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: drunkenshoe on January 02, 2022, 03:28:14 AM
Of course it had. I loved those movies as a kid. I'm just saying the version with girls is not that bad. Don't you remember those days when the girl version was released? Masses of men and boys got organised to vote that movie down with a grudge. (I'm not putting you guys in there.) But honestly, when I watched it I was expecting something far worse back then.

You know... to be honest... I remember more that people just didn't like the movie, and for legitimate reasons but then getting called out for being sexist and womanhating pieces of shit. The defenders of the film not accepting that loads of people really did think it was a piece of garbage, not because it starred four women but because the film itself was bad and did the franchise no Justice.

In any case, I watched a part of it. Did not find it charming nor funny. Was not tempted to keep watching. It´s not ´the room´-bad or anything. It´s just... not much of anything. At least not for the 15 to 20 minutes I watched before turning it off.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 02, 2022, 04:36:41 PM
You know... to be honest... I remember more that people just didn't like the movie, and for legitimate reasons but then getting called out for being sexist and womanhating pieces of shit. The defenders of the film not accepting that loads of people really did think it was a piece of garbage, not because it started for women but because the film itself was bad and did the franchise no Justice.

In any case, I watched a part of it. Did not find it charming nor funny. Was not tempted to keep watching. It´s not not ´the room´-bad or anything. It´s just... not much of anything. At least not for the 15 to 20 minutes I watched before turning it off.

That's why I'm working on fanfic of that movie.

Hydra009

Mr.Obvious

His wife told him.

"My wife." Is a well-known and often cited borat quote.
He can´t resist doing the impression, even with knowing the cost that will come.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 04, 2022, 03:18:36 AM
"My wife." Is a well-known and often cited borat quote.

I don't recall that one. But then, I only saw the first one once. Didn't see the second one. Didn't see any of the other appearances. So I never heard this one.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on January 02, 2022, 04:36:41 PM
You know... to be honest... I remember more that people just didn't like the movie, and for legitimate reasons but then getting called out for being sexist and womanhating pieces of shit. The defenders of the film not accepting that loads of people really did think it was a piece of garbage, not because it starred four women but because the film itself was bad and did the franchise no Justice.

In any case, I watched a part of it. Did not find it charming nor funny. Was not tempted to keep watching. It´s not ´the room´-bad or anything. It´s just... not much of anything. At least not for the 15 to 20 minutes I watched before turning it off.

Then you remember what happened at the very end. That's not a short story. That movie got so much backlash starting from the moment it was announced that the cast was full women, it became ridiculous. And the reason was, "It was made with male cast, how do you dare to change it to female cast". I mean think about the remakes made in general... That was the whole thing about it, that backlash. I'm sure a few people said: "myeh, bad, not for me". But that wasn't the reaction. Men and boys got organised in mass to give that backlash and honestly, this was expressed everywhere openly. That backlash transformed the the director's, producers' attitude. And after with that women called Anita Sarkeesian, a small group maybe watched it and nobody has even given it a chance.

But forget about that, if that much people had watched that movie, the box office would be recorded somewhere. Just Anita's fans haters were most of the gamer sphere then, how many millions is that again? They have made her filthy rich. (I even remember posting an article about the amount of vote down and box office comparison to a member here. Though the conversation didn't take place in this forum.)

By the way, I was a kid when Ghostbusters was made. Seriously, how do you even compare two movies you watched in completely different eras at completely different ages? They tried to make a very similar copy of it. What you feel is actually what an adult would think watching the old ones. You, me...all of us have seen far worse movies than that. So really, it is not about that movie being bad.

Also, the ridiculous cancel culture you suffer right now is a result of those massive backlashes (I mean not just this one) created by white male groups. I'm serious about this.

Is that normal? Massive backlash for a remake just because it is being made with full female cast. Yeah, that's the deal, but it sounds so stupid right now, doesn't it? Because now it's POST-TRUMP and then when it was before Trump, that kind of bullshit was OK. Men feel entitled to certain things as women do to others, but the thing is none of them actually are entitled to anything.

So yeah, it was/is sexist and hateful.

drunkenshoe

I've never seen any Borat movies. I haven't lost anything, have I?