News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Shiranu on November 16, 2021, 01:33:32 PM
Wisconsin law allows minors to carry rifles; obviously this is intended for hunting and not self-defense, but it doesn't specify this so from a legal standpoint... he legally did nothing wrong by having the gun and that's why the gun possession charge has been dismissed.

Obviously not stating that's "right", but it is the law.
My bad--did not know Wisconsin allows minors to carry guns.  My take was wrong.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Mike Cl on November 16, 2021, 06:17:37 PM
My bad--did not know Wisconsin allows minors to carry guns.  My take was wrong.

In this situation, the law probably wasn't actually intended to allow him to carry it where he did ... it just didn't prohibit it either.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Dark Lightning

Heh, MY mom doesn't have a cloaca, BB! :D

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Dark Lightning

Naked Chicks With Guns

[spoiler][/spoiler]

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Shiranu on November 16, 2021, 01:33:32 PM
Wisconsin law allows minors to carry rifles; obviously this is intended for hunting and not self-defense, but it doesn't specify this so from a legal standpoint... he legally did nothing wrong by having the gun and that's why the gun possession charge has been dismissed.

Obviously not stating that's "right", but it is the law.

Oh my god. That's one of the few most stupid things I have ever read in my life. (It has nothing to do with you obviously, you summarised it good.)

And here is a question. I don't know anything about fire arms, but that's not a hunting weapon, is it? It looks like an assault weapon to me, but all of the big ones look like that to me. I just know shotgun is different.

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 18, 2021, 12:49:52 AM
Oh my god. That's one of the few most stupid things I have ever read in my life. (It has nothing to do with you obviously, you summarised it good.)

And here is a question. I don't know anything about fire arms, but that's not a hunting weapon, is it? It looks like an assault weapon to me, but all of the big ones look like that to me. I just know shotgun is different.

I only know it for target shooting, but from what I've seen hunters do like it because it is both really ergonomic and easy to customize (as well as accurate around 500 meters). The round is relatively small and the rifle is pretty cheap as well, so there is no reason you couldn't use it for hunting.

Is it overkill? Yeah, probably. My guess is anyone who has one for hunting also got it for the "cool" factor and to go target shooting as well, not just to hunt.

An example of "looks aren't everything" - This is the Ruger Mini-14

Doesn't look quite as threatening to most people, but the internal mechanics are exactly the same as the ar-15 for all intents and purposes, and fires the same round. But you don't see people calling for it to be banned because they don't realise it's just as dangerous of weapon.

That's not to prove, disprove anything... just an observation I've had that thinking about assault weapons remind me of.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

I am NOT a firearms guy.  I don't own one and I never have.  That is mainly because of the stats about how many owners or their family or friends get killed by them every year.  I don't think we need the huge number of guns of all sizes in our society.  And we don't need judges telling us we can carry concealed weapons, either.

That being said, I have always loved rifles.  I owned one as a kid, a .22 rifle and have tons of fun with it.  In the Army my favorite rifle was the one I was given in basic--an M14.  Yes, that long ago. :)  But it was durable, could throw it in the mud then pick it up and fire it.  It did have a kick (fired a 3.06 cartridge--a fav of hunters, I think), but when one got used to it, was very accurate.  I could hit pop up targets from 500 yards out and fired it at the 'expert' level (and earned that badge for my uniform with it.)  When later joined the CA National Guard, I was issued an M16.  I liked firing that as well and also earned the expert badge with it.  Also earned expert with the pistol I was issued in the regular Army--a stubbed nosed police pistol.  While in the active Army reserve in Oakland, CA (6 years) I fired several weapons just to become familiar with them; .45 Army pistol, Browning submachine gun, combat shotgun, Army carbine, a .50 cal mounted machinegun and several type of grenades.  I do love firing rifles. 

But I do not see the need for one in my home.  And I do not see the need of anybody owning large capacity clips or fully automatic weapons.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 18, 2021, 09:30:14 AM

I changed my mind on Brexit, I just wish they were leaving earth instead of the EU.

Cassia

We inherited some WW2 bolt rifles and after a just few shots at the range my shoulder was finished for the day. I am very good with a rifle at 50 yards. At 20 yards I can hit a 2 liter bottle with my bow all day long. I have some arrows still stuck in trees around here, that was stupid. We recently found one of my arrows from 5 years ago, LOL. I was working on some tricks last week...double shots and some speed shooting.

Dark Lightning

I have a .22 Carbine with a bit of work done to it (trigger job, thumbhole stock for my arthritic old hands). These targets are representative, shot at 50 feet. The center (white) spot is .22". Two shots per bull. I know people who shoot one shot per bull because they sometimes shoot through the same hole, making the target hard to score. Some of them can do it at 50 yards, but their guns are way more expensive than mine.

Oops. Thread drift. BoT: