Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2021, 07:14:50 PM
Too much crack for this ragdoll.

Is that reversed editted, or does she really crawl back?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 08, 2021, 05:10:35 AM
Is that reversed editted, or does she really crawl back?
The footage starts when she crawls out and it moves so fast I can't spot a splice if there is one. The move would be a typical ragdoll move, they like caving.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mike Cl

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 07, 2021, 07:14:50 PM
Too much crack for this ragdoll.

Had not known of that cat breed.  She is a beautiful cat--and I want one.  But we are too old for a kitten; it would out live either of us by years, if not decades.  Last cat that owned us was almost 22 when he passed.  I still miss his presence. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 08, 2021, 05:59:35 AM
The footage starts when she crawls out and it moves so fast I can't spot a splice if there is one. The move would be a typical ragdoll move, they like caving.

Oh that's called caving. Thanks.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on March 08, 2021, 09:01:26 AM
Had not known of that cat breed.  She is a beautiful cat--and I want one.  But we are too old for a kitten; it would out live either of us by years, if not decades.  Last cat that owned us was almost 22 when he passed.  I still miss his presence.

Twenty-two years? That's a long life for a cat.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Mike Cl

Quote from: Blackleaf on March 08, 2021, 12:04:36 PM
Twenty-two years? That's a long life for a cat.
Very long time.  I wish it was 32 years tho. :)  He ruled the house--and he let every dog that came into this house that he was in charge--I think we had 5/6 dogs come into the house (all rescue) and they all accepted his rule.  I don't miss the little gifts he'd bring in every now and again, tho......:)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 08, 2021, 09:25:52 AM
Oh that's called caving. Thanks.
It's not official, I think. But people owned by cats are familiar with the concept.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 08, 2021, 12:58:51 PM
It's not official, I think. But people owned by cats are familiar with the concept.

Yeah they do it. But none of mine didn't/do that way. I wonder if because all my cats have been strays taken for the street.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 09, 2021, 09:11:31 AM
Yeah they do it. But none of mine didn't/do that way. I wonder if because all my cats have been strays taken for the street.
It does seem to be a "fluffy home tyrant" type of thing. Ferals are more into fighting with each other.
PZ Myers

Hydra009

I can help you in your fight against this "free weight" if you want.

drunkenshoe

Humans are not apex predators. We are around 2. something with pigs and anchovies? But yeah, foxes don't know about it. 

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on March 09, 2021, 03:58:53 PM
It does seem to be a "fluffy home tyrant" type of thing. Ferals are more into fighting with each other.

If they're raised alone with humans, yeah. Otherwise, they are a pretty developed community with all types of relationships. Especially among females. We get milk mothers often for example. And some fathers who don't eat before mothers and offsprings do. It's fascinating. But they fight pretty ugly. Basically, flying around in blood. Dead bodies are rare, but torn faces are ocassional.

Best apex predator ever. But they are not ferals. I'm talking about strays. They've accepted humans. We have relationships with them, they come to ask for help. Bring their kittens and so on. Feral cats are completely different. They are basically wild animals. They don't get close to humans, ever. Very rare.

Gawdzilla Sama

I adopted a feral once, as a favor to some students in the Vet School at Purdue. They knew the history of this guy back three generation, barn cats. He became my buddy, but he was very hinky around other humans, including my wives.
PZ Myers