News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

My comment was worse, lol. Guys, you don't really realise that you -and hundreds of people- completely misunderstand this tweet? He means the ancestors he was told about. Why would anyone try to specify their ancestry in a tweet in the first place? In a tiny space and a platform that would attract negative respond in anyway, whatever they write. And instead of thinking that first, why do you automatically assume the poster is using the word as a general noun without knowing what he is writing because of course he is stupid, just because someone else suggested it? There is nothing funny or stupid about that comment. It's actually stupid to take it this way.

OK. I'm not trying to offend anyone or exclude myself from obviously a common human behaviour. :lol: Yes, it is just a post in funny pics. I'm trying to make a point because it is also a perfect example of a mechanism. Are you aware of the level of literal thinking in this? This is the exact way of thinking why/how we clash with believers of any kind here. The connection between the reception of that post to the meme culture is not really different than how religous iconography works. :lol:

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 28, 2021, 02:51:53 PM

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mr.Obvious

Oldie but a goodie

Always brings a smile to my face.

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

They could actually be really great heroes if they kept their end goals within reason and didn't resort to crime.  Let cooler heads prevail.  :P

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on January 29, 2021, 11:42:04 PM
They could actually be really great heroes if they kept their end goals within reason and didn't resort to crime.  Let cooler heads prevail.  :P

--Fulke Greville--

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

ðŸ¤"

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--