News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruch

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
Baruch often talks about apples when everyone else is talking about oranges.

Don't be fruit prejudiced!
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on November 11, 2020, 02:13:14 PM
Baruch often talks about apples when everyone else is talking about oranges.
In Baruchistani there is no difference.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Baruch

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 11, 2020, 05:28:32 PM
In Baruchistani there is no difference.

Only to a person who has fruit blindness (like color blindness).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 11, 2020, 10:29:40 AM
Human beings individually and collectively are part of a chaotic psychological dialectic.  Hegel and Marx were optimists.  Human beings have no real knowledge, real understanding or real wisdom.  Anything a person does or society does, is done in spite of the irredeemably corrupt human nature.

Human thought, human communication, human culture are all gibberish.  We do what we do without understanding what we are doing, similar to a computer.  Consciousness exists, but it is useless.

Humans have evolved to percieve themselves independent from the nature and this makes them alienated. Other animals can't do this, doesn't matter how smart they are, or how good they learn some sign language and certain tricks but in crude terms, compared to us, they have a direct line to nature. At some point in our evolution, our link with nature was cut off.

That's why humans have drawn pictures on cave walls and covered themselves and created stories, myths... So they could relate themselves back to the nature. This requires observation. This observation thing was very interesting and powerful. It worked so well, when done right, certain things gained new meanings. For starters, certain events and phenomenons looked like they repeated themselves under certain circumstances and changed in others.

So the animal found out that he can use this for his own benefit and thought, I want it! Can I have it, can I control it, can I reproduce it? First he stole them. He stole the fire, he stole the lightening and in some way, before having an inkling what it is, he even 'stole' the gravity as he learned to build, also because we don't really exactly know when humans started to build strong archs and so free standing buildings ignoring any kind of geography. This was all before 'the tipping point'.

And all of these happened because of human empathy which is what you define as "choatic psychological dialectic" and "irredeemably corrupt human nature".

The tricky thing is, we use the word empathy almost always in a positive way, esp. in human relationships, social isssues. If we look it up, its meaning is given as 'the ability to share the feelings of another'. However, you need empathy to be a thief, a conman, a politician, to be a serial killer too.

In fact, you need empathy to understand the working of anything; be it a simple situation, or any kind of phenomenon; natural, social. It's the base of human intgelligence. No other animal on the planet, including all the apes, have the empathic ability of a 5 year old human child in this context.

Empathy, emotions, imagination...that is the base of human intgelligence and NO, it is not similar to a computer. That's called human consciousness. It's MESSY, FUSSY, FUCKED UP. And again NO, Baruch it is not useless. It's how you reach to realism and rationalism, basic reasoning; that's called understanding. Your problem is with the meanings people load to what they understand which seems like THE understanding upclose. Then that is called culture and it's a gargentous, slippery, tricky concept. It's organic, constantly changes. Why are you throwing it around like name calling or a grumpy come back?

That's why you have a vendetta with Marx, don't you? LOL Because if you are not a moron -I really don't think you are, just teasing- you should be aware or read enough that in your chaotic psychological dialectic, you are pretty Marxist compared to the rest of the forum.

You can't surgically cut the parts you like between Hegel and Marx, sew them together then stand on it. However, you could believe in a creator and isn't that your position anyway? "Truth or happines. Never both." Are you happy now? You are happy now, aren't you? :lol:

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

You are not a true Marxist ;-)  It is man made society (under evolving technology) that creates alienation.  People aren't alienated if they are physically and mentally fit, and live in a loving and supporting small social group (hunting clan).  Both points are directly taken from Rousseau/Marx.

So you don't want to be an individualist?  You want to be a sterile female clone taking care of the honeycomb?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2020, 09:08:14 AM
You are not a true Marxist ;-)  It is man made society (under evolving technology) that creates alienation.  People aren't alienated if they are physically and mentally fit, and live in a loving and supporting small social group (hunting clan).  Both points are directly taken from Rousseau/Marx.

So you don't want to be an individualist?  You want to be a sterile female clone taking care of the honeycomb?

That's not the alienation I'm talking about. And you should know that. What makes human animal different than the other animals? Context please.

Oh we have a long of way to go if you want to talk about individualism. You are the theist. :lol:
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 12, 2020, 10:13:31 AM
That's not the alienation I'm talking about. And you should know that. What makes human animal different than the other animals? Context please.

Oh we have a long of way to go if you want to talk about individualism. You are the theist. :lol:

Atheists are mostly feral naturalists.  They want to run around on all fours biting other animals ... naughty naughty.  But at least they won't be alienated from nature (did I hear Rousseau laughing?).  Rousseau had an obsolete anthropology that idealized Native Americans.  Marx extended this to Europeans, who are just forest dwelling savages under the skin.  The "cult of the Native American" continues in France, where the Native Americans always win (as if the French colonists were better).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on November 12, 2020, 10:34:13 AM
Atheists are mostly feral naturalists.  They want to run around on all fours biting other animals ... naughty naughty.  But at least they won't be alienated from nature (did I hear Rousseau laughing?).  Rousseau had an obsolete anthropology that idealized Native Americans.  Marx extended this to Europeans, who are just forest dwelling savages under the skin.  The "cult of the Native American" continues in France, where the Native Americans always win (as if the French colonists were better).

Stop throwing names around. And please stop hanging expressions on umbrella concepts, creating vague, fake tensions. Nature, naturalists?

Use your words, Baruch. Nobody's reading your or my posts right now. Express your opinion. You keep saying you don't care about what people think about what you write but then you act like a 9 year old pouring down everything that comes to his mind just before going to bed while greeting his parents' guests in a christmas cocktail.

I don't know anything. I read something and then I think and try to express what I think about it. Considering it is your native language,it should be easier for you, no? It's not a comptetition. We are having a coversation.

Baruch

If one redefines every word (which you often seem to want to do) to be ... ambiguous, then sentences are just monkey grunts.  Planet of the Communist Apes achieved! (the author of that was a .... Frenchman).
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Feral Atheist

In dog beers I've only had one.

Baruch

Children who eat their parents aren't woke, they are feral.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--