Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 01, 2020, 04:53:37 PM
The problem is, and this is a point often missed by those who get pissed off by those saying all lives matter, is that people are not ignoring the struggle racial groups have, it's just that those saying all lives matter say so because people in movements like black lives matter end up pushing toxic ideals that white lives don't matter or fuck whitey, going by what I've said before how toxicity ruins the original message of the movement.

That's what causes people to retort with all lives matter.

I remember a few years back a gay pride was hijacked by the black lives matter movement because they wanted to be at the forefront of everything, even at the expense of other groups and it being their day. Black culture has it's own festivals but it wasnt enough for some. Do you really think it's fair having a day celebrating gay people or being highjacked by another group? Suppose it was hijacked by a Christian pride March instead.

So no, people aren't ignoring the struggles of black Americans or British or Europeans, when they say all lives matter. They simple want to tell the ones going to far with it to back the fuck up and listen.

Okay, now I've said my piece, I'll give you some choice words to throw back. 'Evil. Conservative. Racist. White washing. Uncle Tom. Fascist'. There you go.

People retort with "all lives matter" to dismiss the concerns of black people, not out of any concern for anyone else. It's a conversation stopper. Imagine sitting at the table on Thanksgiving, and everyone is given a full plate, but you're given nothing but a roll and some gravy. You say, "I would like some mashed potatoes, please." Then someone replies, "We all want mashed potatoes, Munch. Don't be selfish." That response not only misses the point, but it dismisses the issue entirely.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 09:37:05 PM

Wouldn't surprise me at all if this was real. Pandering at its finest. Like every commercial they play now that uses the words, "in these unprecedented times," or "we're here for you," not so subtly reminding us that these companies still want our money.
--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 02, 2020, 10:28:12 PM
People retort with "all lives matter" to dismiss the concerns of black people, not out of any concern for anyone else. It's a conversation stopper. Imagine sitting at the table on Thanksgiving, and everyone is given a full plate, but you're given nothing but a roll and some gravy. You say, "I would like some mashed potatoes, please." Then someone replies, "We all want mashed potatoes, Munch. Don't be selfish." That response not only misses the point, but it dismisses the issue entirely.

Let's imagine another scenario. Your sat at a table having dinner with s group of friends of all different races, black, brown, Asian, white, all sorts, and one of your black friends starts discussing how he feels the economic lows of black people where he lives is dire and feels people need to come together to help those communities, and everyone at the table agrees and offers up support all the same. Then your brown friend says a similar story, about the problems he's had with racist issues where he lives, and your group starts to offer him support, when all of a sudden your black friend steps in and says the support should go to him because black lives matter. You end up saying to him all lives matter, and your black friend calls you a racist now.

The original concept of black lives matter is black panther. The toxic people in it today are killmonger.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 11:12:01 PM
Let's imagine another scenario. Your sat at a table having dinner with s group of friends of all different races, black, brown, Asian, white, all sorts, and one of your black friends starts discussing how he feels the economic lows of black people where he lives is dire and feels people need to come together to help those communities, and everyone at the table agrees and offers up support all the same. Then your brown friend says a similar story, about the problems he's had with racist issues where he lives, and your group starts to offer him support, when all of a sudden your black friend steps in and says the support should go to him because black lives matter. You end up saying to him all lives matter, and your black friend calls you a racist now.

The original concept of black lives matter is black panther. The toxic people in it today are killmonger.

If Blacks do it, it is reparations.  Nobody else is poor or oppressed.  This is part of a anti-semitic meme.  That only Jews have been murdered in the millions just for being Jewish.  Other groups see Jews having a pretty nice living standard today compared to 1950.  They hate hard working successful people.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Munch on June 02, 2020, 11:12:01 PM

You are absolutely ridiculous. BLM people do not do that. And I don't care what few individual cases you can find in your Right-leaning propaganda sites, those few people do not represent the whole movement. Neither do the few feminists who actually hate men represent feminism. Unless you're going extend that logic to the other side and say that Neo Nazis or the KKK represent the whole of the Republican party, I don't want to hear it.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Munch

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 03, 2020, 12:02:55 AM
You are absolutely ridiculous. BLM people do not do that. And I don't care what few individual cases you can find in your Right-leaning propaganda sites, those few people do not represent the whole movement. Neither do the few feminists who actually hate men represent feminism. Unless you're going extend that logic to the other side and say that Neo Nazis or the KKK represent the whole of the Republican party, I don't want to hear it.

So we're just going to ignore the toxic people who come into and subvert the original good purpose of a cause now? I use to think just like, that such causes are righteous and couldn't possibly be overtaken by people with crocked outlooks.

And then I became an atheist
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Baruch

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2020, 06:20:20 AM
So we're just going to ignore the toxic people who come into and subvert the original good purpose of a cause now? I use to think just like, that such causes are righteous and couldn't possibly be overtaken by people with crocked outlooks.

Idealists ... there are no bad ideas, no bad people.  Kumbaya my boys, kumbaya ...

Idealists ... it isn't complicated, you just have to have your heart in the right place ...
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Sal1981

Quote from: Munch on June 03, 2020, 06:20:20 AM

That's the deal with toxic people,  they subvert the cause they identify with. Right-wingers have the white supremacists/nazis et. al. while leftists have the SJWs/"Communists" et. al.. Both in common are authoritarians wanting to control 'the other' what to think & say.

But in my mind, the right-wingers are disproportionately worse now, with their fascist tendencies, in surpressing free expression and language.

What really pisses me off is one side using the outliers to spin a narrative about being oppressed or whatever, when it's everything but. Tim Pool, Styxenhammer, Andy Ngo, Sargon of Akkad and others do this constantly. While lefties like Contrapoints and Philosophytube do not, instead use well-researched and argumentation for their cases. The right-wingers, although they don't call themselves that, which is part of their gas-lighting technique, pull selected articles from authoritarian rags and spin their little narrative about how lefties are insane or whatever.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers