Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 21, 2018, 11:57:44 AM
The Inevitable Rise of the Gay Hooters

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/21/nyregion/the-inevitable-rise-of-the-gay-hooters.html

... “It’s a nice, mellow place,” Jay said. Anita agreed: “People say it’s gay Hooters, but it’s so much better than Hooters.”

Such is the unlikely success of Boxers, which made its debut in 2010 and has become a commercial unicorn: a gay sports bar chain. From its original location on West 20th Street, it expanded into Hell’s Kitchen and the Upper East Side; there is an outpost in Philadelphia. Another Boxers is scheduled for a Labor Day opening in Washington Heights. Gym Sportsbar, which bills itself as “America’s most popular gay sports bar,” has three locations: Fort Lauderdale, Los Angeles and Chelsea. By sheer volume, Boxers is possibly the most popular gay bar in the city.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=8&v=pyfSCTLlQJg

Looks okay, looks like a well organised establishment, not some cheap out of the way bar.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 21, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Maybe they Should start up a sister company Aimed at gay men and straight women, called peckers.
You could give it a try.
There was (maybe still is) a gay bar in San Francisco called the Cockpit. Not that I ever went there...;-)
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

GSOgymrat

I saw this while shopping at Sam's Club today and it made me laugh. I just picture some kid asking for the Avengers for Christmas and grandma getting this instead.

Shiranu

Quote from: GSOgymrat on August 21, 2018, 04:20:23 PM
I saw this while shopping at Sam's Club today and it made me laugh. I just picture some kid asking for the Avengers for Christmas and grandma getting this instead.

I mean if it had quality writers and artists, that could actually be a really dope story. Those characters were essentially the comic book characters of their age, so it would be cool to see something pay homage to that.

My guess is they are much more preachy than superhero-y though.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on August 21, 2018, 10:59:31 AM
Maybe they Should start up a sister company Aimed at gay men and straight women, called peckers.
You could give it a try.
There actually was one.  It was called Tallywackers.  It closed about a year after opening.

Munch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 21, 2018, 07:41:52 PM
There actually was one.  It was called Tallywackers.  It closed about a year after opening.

shame..
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Baruch

Quote from: Hydra009 on August 20, 2018, 09:52:03 PM

Damn you, millennials!

Or...maybe just maybe, serving bar food that's crappy even by bar food standards and trying to make up for the shortfall with bewbs is a bad business model.

Millennials are into assholes, particularly if they are politicians ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Hydra009

Plus, it's the biological equivalent of roughing up a POW till he gives up all the enemy's weaknesses and you win your next war with them effortlessly.  Who doesn't want you to get vaccines?  America's enemies, that's who.

P.S. - don't worry about the POW escaping.  His legs are already broken.  He can't fight back and he can't escape.

Hydra009

I don't know a lot about physics, but I'm pretty sure that's not right.

Gawdzilla Sama

So the Earth is composed entirely of water? Not really.

QuoteAll Earth's water in a bubble
This drawing shows blue spheres representing relative amounts of Earth's water in comparison to the size of the Earth. Are you surprised that these water spheres look so small? They are only small in relation to the size of the Earth. This image attempts to show three dimensions, so each sphere represents "volume." The volume of the largest sphere, representing all water on, in, and above the Earth, would be about 332,500,000 cubic miles (mi3) (1,386,000,000 cubic kilometers (km3)), and be about 860 miles (about 1,385 kilometers) in diameter.

The smaller sphere over Kentucky represents Earth's liquid fresh water in groundwater, swamp water, rivers, and lakes. The volume of this sphere would be about 2,551,000 mi3 (10,633,450 km3) and form a sphere about 169.5 miles (272.8 kilometers) in diameter. Yes, all of this water is fresh water, which we all need every day, but much of it is deep in the ground, unavailable to humans.

Do you notice the "tiny" bubble over Atlanta, Georgia? That one represents fresh water in all the lakes and rivers on the planet. Most of the water people and life on earth need every day comes from these surface-water sources. The volume of this sphere is about 22,339 mi3 (93,113 km3). The diameter of this sphere is about 34.9 miles (56.2 kilometers). Yes, Lake Michigan looks way bigger than this sphere, but you have to try to imagine a bubble almost 35 miles highâ€"whereas the average depth of Lake Michigan is less than 300 feet (91 meters).

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Jason78

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on August 24, 2018, 11:45:51 AM
So the Earth is composed entirely of water? Not really.

Ok.  Now pop the big one!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers