News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gawdzilla Sama

Her legs are clearly dug into the sand.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

the_antithesis

Quote from: Blackleaf on April 11, 2023, 02:39:05 AMIt looks like she's levitating, with her shadow beneath her, but her "shadow" is a hat sitting beside her in the sand.

Oh.

I thought the hat was a Tremors reference.

Blackleaf

Quote from: the_antithesis on April 11, 2023, 10:41:37 AMOh.

I thought the hat was a Tremors reference.

That would be a pretty vague reference. lol. I think it's meant to be an optical illusion, like the picture above it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

Maybe if her butt looked more like a hat.

Hydra009

I put mustard on/in/below everything.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 11, 2023, 03:42:04 PM

I put mustard on/in/below everything.
Have you any Grey Poupon?
🤣
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Dark Lightning

Remember when the repubs lost their shit when they found out that Obama put mustard on his burger? Those people really ought to get a life.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 11, 2023, 10:28:04 PMRemember when the repubs lost their shit when they found out that Obama put mustard on his burger? Those people really ought to get a life.

It was Dijon mustard in particular. The Conservatives tried to label him as "stuck up" for requesting his "fancy" mustard.
This is what luxury looks like, apparently.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Dark Lightning on April 11, 2023, 10:28:04 PMRemember when the repubs lost their shit when they found out that Obama put mustard on his burger? Those people really ought to get a life.
Yeah, specifically they were aghast that he asked for spicy/dijon mustard and not the *real* American yellow mustard (the worst of all mustards | pro: dirt cheap | con: there's a reason why it's dirt cheap)

Fun facts about mustard:
* originally cultivated in the Indus River Valley
* the romans were the ones who really started experimenting with it as a condiment (hence deviled eggs)
* mustard (along with horseradish, wasabi, and of course, peppers) activates the human capsaicin receptors called TRPV1
* mustard grains are nearly flavorless when intact, but when chewed or ground, release chemicals that evolved to irritate mammals and discourage further predation.  Like many other things, humans LOVE stuff intended to harm us and widely cultivate it for that exact reason.  Come on, mother nature, do your wurst!
* seriously, the chemical reaction for the "mustard bomb" is fascinating - essentially, two compounds are stored separately within the mustard plant and then when chewed or mangled, these compounds interact and BAM!  Flavor explosion!  It's like the plant equivalent of the bombardier beetle.  Mustard plants really really do NOT want to be snacked on!  Too bad!

Btw, try this mouth-watering sandwich: wheat bread with sliced ham, a slice of swiss or muenster cheese, sliced tomato, and whole ground mustard.

drunkenshoe

I had no idea of 'the mustard incident'. Somebody should tell those people that they sound exactly like Islamist fanatics. Because they are.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 12, 2023, 07:11:02 AMI had no idea of 'the mustard incident'. Somebody should tell those people that they sound exactly like Islamist fanatics. Because they are.

Hydra009

I just wanted to vote.  Is that illegal?  *stuffs fifteen identical ballots into the ballot counter*