Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

People with low standards are a lot easier to please. 😎
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Hydra009

It's a play on the sometimes true trope that hole-in-the-wall restaurants have amazing food.  I can personally vouch for several examples of this being true.

Unbeliever

Yeah, I've noticed that a time or two as well.
God Not Found

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 25, 2023, 08:33:57 PM

Slavers in developing countries better watch out!

Pity it's not actually illegal in the US, per se.

Skip to 53:34 to see this bit. It made me incredibly angry.

Blackleaf

Yeah... Slavery never really went away. First there was the Jim Crow era, where bullshit like "loitering" was made illegal. Vaguely defined crimes that essentially just made being black a crime, so they could put them back to work as prisoners.

Nowadays, it's not much better. I used to come with my grandpa to a variety of state and private prisons. They were almost all black. Most of them were there for nonviolent drug charges. Not all prisons put their prisoners to work, but a lot of them do. Slavery under a different name.

Oh, and then there's the sex slave trade. Very illegal, yet alive and well in the United States. We don't have a tendency to provide meaningful assistance to the victims when they are freed either.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

It's just the colour. Otherwise the designs are the regular designs. They haven't developed. That's the joke I think.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 25, 2023, 11:37:10 PMPeople with low standards are a lot easier to please. 😎

Yeah, that's^ the best next thing to street food; 'dirty food', but you guys don't have that. Best tasting shit ever. And the bonus is a highly developed immune system, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Mike Cl

A great book, titled Slavery By Another Name details how slavery was kept alive to at least just after WWII. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_by_Another_Name

Blackmon was a Wall Street Journal reporter; I was surprised at how well researched and written it is.  Well worth a read.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

The major difference between blacks and my parents was that my parents weren't black. A black lady who "chopped cotton" alongside my mother delivered me. Her mother babysat us in exchange for lunch.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on March 25, 2023, 01:47:38 PM

My condolences to anyone who understands this.
Yeah, I need to just stay away from twitter. Just a two-minute peek a day and I have lost all hope for humankind.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Cassia on March 26, 2023, 10:46:47 AMYeah, I need to just stay away from twitter. Just a two-minute peek a day and I have lost all hope for humankind.
I haven't been on Twitter since it was bought by that billionaire, what's his name. 💩
God Not Found

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 25, 2023, 03:31:13 PMHaving never watched 21 Jump Street, I feel honored to not understand that. 👍

I googied it and it apparently has something to do with Kanye West

Mr.Obvious

"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on March 26, 2023, 03:48:20 PMSame.

Why are we still talking about that guy? I lost all respect for him when he didn't name his album Turbografx-16.