News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

His and the Ben Shapiro parody account are 50% of the reason I log onto Twitter; watching Russian tanks, planes, bases... anything, really... explode being a close second.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

drunkenshoe

OK. So this Nick Adams twitter account is POE, right?
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: drunkenshoe on December 14, 2022, 02:00:22 AMOK. So this Nick Adams twitter account is POE, right?

You know... I had to go double check and uh...

I'm not entirely sure.

He says some shit that is just so obviously in the realm of satire and parody...

But the real Nick Adams also seems legitimately stupid enough to say these things and hangs out with Don Jr. and Gabriel Bridgette or w/e this coke fiend's name is again, so he could just be high out of his mind and legitimately think these are good tweets.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Either a Poe or the least self-aware person on the planet.

Hydra009

Earth-615, a universe where everyone is 5% more polite:

Shiranu

Chuck Norris, bacon, RP, Narwhal? This some prime mid-2000s stuff here.

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

I was reading how scientists were recently able to conduct a positive energy fusion reaction. It's a long shot for the current frogs-in-a-pot situation but that could be a big deal in the future as far as clean energy goes.
https://www.science.org/content/article/historic-explosion-long-sought-fusion-breakthrough

the_antithesis

What, again?

Based on past experience, I'm going to remain skeptical about this.

Cassia

Quote from: the_antithesis on December 16, 2022, 11:06:22 AMWhat, again?

Based on past experience, I'm going to remain skeptical about this.
It may not be during our lifetimes, but they will get it working eventually and it will be the biggest accomplishment ever. The implications are astronomical. We should be throwing 100s of billions at it.