News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PMMy dog used to do that.  I would plead with my brother to get me a drink and he would pretend to not hear me lol.

He is 'the evil twin', isn't he? It's about time you name it.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 21, 2022, 04:45:23 PMMy dog used to do that.  I would plead with my brother to get me a drink and he would pretend to not hear me lol.

What?

Hydra009

Quote from: the_antithesis on November 22, 2022, 11:53:45 AMWhat?
I take it you're an only child.  :P

But yeah, the dog would curl up on my lap on the sofa and I'd be reluctant to get up to get something to drink (lest I didturb the dog), so I'd ask him to get it for me and he'd pretend to not hear me and I'd wonder for a while if he refused to help.  Eventually he'd come back with something - he just wanted to get a rise out of me.

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on November 22, 2022, 10:55:54 AMHe is 'the evil twin', isn't he? It's about time you name it.
You have no idea.  You ever watch Moon Knight? It's a lot like that lol

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 22, 2022, 04:13:31 PMI take it you're an only child.  :P

But yeah, the dog would curl up on my lap on the sofa and I'd be reluctant to get up to get something to drink (lest I didturb the dog), so I'd ask him to get it for me and he'd pretend to not hear me and I'd wonder for a while if he refused to help.  Eventually he'd come back with something - he just wanted to get a rise out of me.

What? I can't hear you.

Hydra009

But that's just a small and localized and heavily mythologized part of American histo...damn, now I know how they feel.

Gawdzilla Sama

There's one district where they dress up  in 1950s clothes and sing Elvis songs.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on November 23, 2022, 07:55:02 AMThere's one district where they dress up  in 1950s clothes and sing Elvis songs.

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 23, 2022, 06:21:19 AM

But that's just a small and localized and heavily mythologized part of American histo...damn, now I know how they feel.

Well, we got Cowboy Beebop out of it.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

Quote from: Hydra009 on November 23, 2022, 06:21:19 AM

Don't forget the blackface.