News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Blackleaf

^^This is actually what is generally more Biblically accurate. Their catchphrase is "be not afraid" for a reason. Angels are often described in the Bible as these super bizarre creatures.

Like these monstrosities: https://twitter.com/i/status/1492261421530238980

Meanwhile, demons get no physical descriptions that I can recall, outside of symbolic representation of Satan as a dragon. Christians often claim (although with no Biblical justification) that Satan was once Lucifer, the most beautiful angel in Heaven. And if you think about it, if demons really did exist, them having a beautiful outer appearance would make sense, as it would help them lure humans into a false sense of security, as well as allow them to LARP as angels and deceive people.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Unbeliever

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Dark Lightning

Quote from: Unbeliever on August 20, 2022, 09:31:26 PMThe eyes have it! :-D

LOL. I needed work in the mid-'90s and got a position as a math and science teacher at a Waldorf school. Look up Rudolf Steiner sometime. Some of the curriculum made sense, but most of his theories were, simply put, BS. I tried reading his "Study of Man", and both times made it to page 38 before just stopping. He was selling a belief system, plain and simple, when he contradicts himself in those few pages.

drunkenshoe

Angels are supposed to be pure light according to the belief around here. They don't have any shape, gender... That's not scary, and easy to get used to. It would also be handy sometimes at home, I guess. Lol But yours look more fun though.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Cassia

Quote from: drunkenshoe on August 21, 2022, 01:05:30 AMAngels are supposed to be pure light according to the belief around here. They don't have any shape, gender... That's not scary, and easy to get used to. It would also be handy sometimes at home, I guess. Lol But yours look more fun though.
The Bible assigns male names to angels but that doesn't really matter if you look at how angels are typically depicted in art. If you are gonna make stuff up to believe in, you may as well make as you like it. I recall a survey where a vast majority actually believe they have a guardian.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on August 21, 2022, 08:47:18 AMThe Bible assigns male names to angels but that doesn't really matter if you look at how angels are typically depicted in art. If you are gonna make stuff up to believe in, you may as well make as you like it. I recall a survey where a vast majority actually believe they have a guardian.

Yep. Nailed it, lol.

[I should write something more substantial here as someone who had to study Christian iconography as a part of a veeery boring and long curriculum, but not necessary.]
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Jessica's vote gets counted slightly more because her room is bigger than her two sisters, who share a smaller room.  Cause it wouldn't be fair for a smaller room to have an advantage over a larger room.

Also, rooms vote, not people.