Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

the_antithesis

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on August 08, 2022, 10:02:15 AMI thought he just wanted to live on a cool ranch.

Turns out it is a Doritos flavor, lol.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Cassia

Quote from: Blackleaf on August 11, 2022, 01:39:49 AM
If we take the the eloquent William Frank Buckley Jr and his upper class mid-Atlantic Southern drawl and polite mannerisms, you may not immediately realize his hateful ideals. Gay men should have the word "AIDS" tatoo-ed on their asses. Really? This is an intellectual? Gore Vidal was absolutely correct about him.

Conservatism is rancid to the core. It is hard to see much of a connection between Honest Abe and conservatives. I used to believe financial conservatism on its own was OK. But I was fooled....It is just another scheme increase the wealth gap.

Unbeliever

Speaking of being fooled, I found out this morning on Wikipedia that Udo of Aachen was fictional.

My bad!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Luther Martini

Quote from: Cassia on August 11, 2022, 08:40:09 AMIf we take the the eloquent William Frank Buckley Jr and his upper class mid-Atlantic Southern drawl and polite mannerisms, you may not immediately realize his hateful ideals. Gay men should have the word "AIDS" tatoo-ed on their asses. Really? This is an intellectual? Gore Vidal was absolutely correct about him.

Conservatism is rancid to the core. It is hard to see much of a connection between Honest Abe and conservatives. I used to believe financial conservatism on its own was OK. But I was fooled....It is just another scheme increase the wealth gap.

I loved watching the debate between Vidal and Buckley regarding the use of violence at the 1968 Democratic Convention when Vidal called Buckley a "pro-war crypto nazi".  Buckley lost his shit over that, calling Vidal a "queer", and threatening him with physical violence.  So much for intelligent debate.

I see conservatism as being a convenient way for a basically hateful, immoral person to cover their core fuckedupness under a veneer of perceived respectability.

Hydra009

Without the freedom to make Sophon mistakes, we cannot make Sophon achievements.

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Hydra009

Logic dictates that I answer two.