News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Man, I thought France would be way higher.

In general, the countries with the worst culture had the highest assessment of it.  You'd probably get a similar outcome in North America.

Hydra009

Jason Harvestdancer

White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 19, 2022, 04:02:16 PMMan, I thought France would be way higher.

In general, the countries with the worst culture had the highest assessment of it.  You'd probably get a similar outcome in North America.

Problem with that statement is that who are these other cultures they're supposed to be superior to? (Not even getting into what's superior culture.) They're superior to other European cultures, or other world cultures in general?

Europeans, esp. the young generation has a tendency to think the superior one, the Western culture is a collective culture. 

Greece and the Balkans are not a bit of surprise. It's a given, lol. But not just because they're the least developed ones. We've just talked before a couple of weeks ago in food context. Greek, Bulgarian, Albanian (I've added Turks and Armenians to that list in the previous context)...etc. these cultures are so old, they have gotten attributed to certain things good or bad, but well known, some of them what we define civilisation with so often, they see themselves that way. This is mostly political bullshit of course, because if it had any reality, Mesopotamian cultures, Indian and Chinese cultures would be on the track everywhere around the world. So it is not entirely the Greek's fault, lol. Italians see themselves as descendents of Roman Empire and so Americans in a different context. Spain was surprising for me. France is not so much, although yes it's lower than I'd expect, but they have been living with millions of people from very different cultures. Britain looks lower than expected too. In the end, apparently most people in the world find Genghis Khan as the most memorable character in history.

We've all heard 'we owe democracy to Greeks' many times in movies, even doc. Many similar other things for the Roman Empire. Systems of slavery, only nobles had any right. Magna Carta has always been something on paper. Bourgeoisie actually existed before French revolution. They were called merchants in the middle ages and beyond. Considering they were literal, they understood many languages, knew different cultures, routes, knew about time and calculations, they were basically supermen in their times. And when they got powerful they threatened kings and went all the way up in time. Medicis were actually merchants for starters, they've become the Medici after founding a bank.

In this context, a reminder. Modern scholars, do not accept anything defined as policy before modern state because they're all done for Houses and sovereigns. So most of it is bullshit.

I got bored and forgot what I was thinking about. Besides my adhd brain, I swear I had an idea. LOL

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

"Mownalisa." "Ahh, Lawnardo DaVinci, the master!"

the_antithesis

Hydra009

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 20, 2022, 09:52:51 AMI hate mowing the lawn.

You don't like that smell? Interesting. I like it ver much as fresh. It's smells like fresh cold water melon or cool sea in the morning around here. Wait you're talking about something else, because I've never mown a lawn in my life. Why does it smell bad?

Mike Cl

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 20, 2022, 01:16:18 PMYou don't like that smell? Interesting. I like it ver much as fresh. It's smells like fresh cold water melon or cool sea in the morning around here. Wait you're talking about something else, because I've never mown a lawn in my life. Why does it smell bad?
New mown hay and fresh cut lawn--among the GREAT smells one can experience! 

Except now in CA, it's like--what's lawn??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?