News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

Weird.

To each their own, Starlord is top 3 MCU characters for me - relatable backstory & character motivations and I spent time in a van once with a guy who believed he had been abducted by aliens so basically we are the same person.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 16, 2022, 05:18:07 PMPratt got some flak for attenting an anti-gay church or something, but in this case, it's the character.

Peter makes a lot of rash decisions, to put it mildly, and his character doesn't always know what the audience knows or the end result of his actions.  Therefore, if he acts rashly and there's a positive result, he's a good person.  And if he acts rashly and there's a negative result, he's a bad person.  Flawless logic.

It's because he donated money to a church which was modeled after Hillsong church, which is a bit of a confusing thread to follow, honestly. He donates money to a church, which is similar to Hillsong, which is anti-LGBTQ+, therefore Pratt is a homophobe? O...kay. The only thing I really learned from this is that Pratt is a Christian.

Pratt claims he's "not religious," but reading through his comment, it seems to me that he's one of those "it's not a religion; it's a relationship" types of Christians. Equally annoying to the sudden wave of hate Pratt received for his very loose connection to Hillsong is the wave of Christians who have come to his defense, playing their martyr cards as they love to do.

God, I freaking hate people...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

There are also more fistfights in Hollywood than New York.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 16, 2022, 01:12:47 PM4th day of the week, 8th month of the year before the Caesarians messed that up, 8th hour after noon.  There's a sort of logic behind it.

I think, she just means the order of them in their own time scale give the same kind of feeling. Like Thursday in week days is like October in months, and they're like the 20th hour in the day. So, no logic.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 16, 2022, 07:55:22 PM

There are also more fistfights in Hollywood than New York.

Are they seriously comparing American civilian deaths by shootings to a freaking war?
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

I don't think so. The expressions "...US pulling out of Europe...defense..." suggest military personnel.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on July 17, 2022, 10:42:54 AMAre they seriously comparing American civilian deaths by shootings to a freaking war?
Yes.  An apples to grenades comparison.

drunkenshoe

Oh, ye gawds... I think there are more than one that kind of comparisons there too. The country called 'Europe',lol. I first just noticed that one.

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

OK, I have no idea^ what does that mean other than June? E: Considering we are also in JULY...Pffft LOL

Hydra009

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 18, 2022, 04:03:47 PM

You ever watch their skits? Shane's comedic timing is pretty damn good (and sharp).
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Hello, library?  I'm looking for a book about native americans that portrays them as the bad guys.  Hello?

Dark Lightning

Just watch some old US Western TV and movies. That was before Hollywood got "woke".

Hydra009