News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackleaf

Quote from: Mike Cl on July 07, 2022, 07:02:42 PMChristians seemingly don't follow the biblical jesus.  this is one of the almost universally ignored verses in their bible.
  Matthew 6:1-34 ESV
"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. "Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. "And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ..."

I have spent many, many hours listening to sermons in my life and I don't remember these verses ever being the subject of any one of them.  It is universally accepted that the true hallmark of a true, faithful, christian is to advertise that faith especially by praying in public.  But then, the true hallmark of a faithful christian is hypocrisy--that is their true god.

The National Day of Prayer shows how little Christians care about what Jesus said. Imagine how he'd react if he actually floated down from the clouds.

"National Day of Prayer? Are you serious? Are you guys so dense that you can't tell these politicians are just pandering to you? I specifically told you that people who pray in public only do it for the attention! I told you to go to a dark room by yourself to pray, or else I'll ignore you! Every day, it's 'Heavenly Father' this, 'O Lord that.' Ask me for one more thing in public! I dare you! I swear to me! I'd threaten to chase you all with a whip, but I know some of you are into that!"
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 07, 2022, 01:15:56 PMWhere I live, which is a fairly average suburban area, all everyday places are well within biking range.  But I can't because I'd be risking my life every day if I tried.

Ironically, there's a cyclist store not far from here, but it's only accessible through a fast-moving, car-only stroad.

Fortunately, in the last decade, people here have started to work and push against the bullshit in some places. In 2017, there was a protest in the city. "Give way to cyclers" kind of stuff. But this is Aegean, the West. Now there are lanes in a few cities, tours and groups. There is a race and they close the roads. They've founded associations and etc. Now, there are individual groups traveling with bicycles in long distances. In our city, they've at least put lanes and you can rent bicycles. It was something around 40 km and the news is it will go up to 135...pfft I'll believe it when I see it. So somethings are won. But then what annoys me to no end is that now, it is a hobby for people with money. It's a pricey hobby. Again, no safe functional travel. I trust the new generation though. I see young men and women cycling in the traffic against everything and it makes me happy. Esp. when I see young women because this infuriates the religious, all kinds of bigots. Those women, in the road with those tight clothes, no morality...you know.

Pushing with protests are the only way it seems. You guys need to unite too. It's not given, needs to be taken. Find people who wants to cycle -esp with the new gas prices- and let's see what happens when hundreds of people get out to streets with bicycles. Start with few, you'll see it will grow. Cycling is so many things friendly and it's contagious too. Me, I just cycle at the summer site. It's a small place and there I'm the only woman at 40+. (And my sis when she comes.) They are all kids and young people and men. My mother says that we've learned as small kids and most people esp women never had a chance to learn because it wasn't the thing. She wanted to but she was so scared she'd fall.  I dunno. When you look at it the cycling federation was founded in freaking 1923 in the country. As I said this is really a lot about development of culture and vision.

A couple of shot from the 2017 protest.

This is the coastal lane map:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1SmuO1iTc58aWwpLaEflUiX4ZmTM&ll=38.443138045274324%2C27.087123162615978&z=13

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 07, 2022, 07:26:18 PM

Myeah...He could have just put a Mystic Orb of Mana in the glove box. It gives 3 extra mana per day.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

Sorginak

Hydra009

I can't wait to move to France and buy Versailles with my pocket change.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Cassia on July 08, 2022, 10:53:59 AMuhhh...sexy bastard with that nip slip

Well, look at the tan line, certainly he's not going around topless. How proper. LOL

Hydra009

Gotta politicize olympic athletes for some reason, but can't be bothered to learn anything before criticizing.

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

drunkenshoe

I want to do this, but I wouldn't dare,lol.