News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Myeh I'm not happy with it. Let's give Germans a break, they've paid their dues. And they're pretty much the only one who actually paid for a genocide in many levels, no? British Empire? Ottoman Empire? Spain? Nederlands? Serbia? Russia? France? Portugal? Belgium? We could call pretty much every sovereign country in the world with an atrocity, actually even legit genocide remarks. In this map, from Sweden to Turkey, it's full of it. 

Chocolate is Swiss, not Belgian. :D

Also, why can't Latvians eat potatoes and what is yogurt doing in Bulgaria?

*Yoğurt comes from the verb 'yoğurmak' -it's still in every day usage- which means 'working the dough' in Turkish. The one word literally means 'have the dough work'. If memory serves right, the ancient Greek records refers to 'barbaric tribes' making it. However, it's probably much older than that, but thinking about the product, I think we can just be sure that doesn't matter who the inventors are (it could've been multiple cultures, in different times and places, forgotten, invented over again), they were probably nomadic.

About this 'claiming food' business. I can stand Turks, Bulgarians, Greeks, Arabs and Armenians. (Not in any order.) They claim everything is theirs. It's not even remotely close. Most of it's Mesopotamian. LOL 

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Hydra009

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 04, 2022, 04:15:22 PMChocolate is Swiss, not Belgian. :D
I legit thought Germany was the chocolate center of the world because Aldi (German-owned supermarket popular in the States) sold amazing chololates with the German flag prominently on the packaging.  Also because of the chocolate rations during WWII.

Even if the Swiss are the undisputed masters of chocolate, the Germans and the Belgians aren't too shaby.

Sorginak

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 04, 2022, 01:13:59 PMStereotypes of European countries from Japanese pov

Where's the lie, tho?

I'd put wine and cheese for France, handsome both sexes for Sweden, not religious for Estonia, and good beaches for Portugal (its previous stereotype was not nice)

Looks like it's time to move to Sweden.

Dark Lightning

Sorginak

Quote from: Dark Lightning on July 04, 2022, 07:48:39 PMLookist. :D

18 Swedish Men Who Are So Breathtaking You Actually Won't Be Able To Breathe
buzzfeed.com

Dark Lightning

lol. You can have them all, they don't strike my fancy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on July 04, 2022, 06:48:40 PMLooks like it's time to move to Sweden.
If I were 50 yrs younger, I'd be in Sweden.  That's sort of a cheat for me, tho.  Both of my mother's parents were from Sweden.  So, I have over a 100 relatives of one sort or another there.  It's a beautiful country, great people and much more sane than this used to be country.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Do how do planes fly, then?  Do they just flap really hard?

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on July 04, 2022, 05:37:39 PMI legit thought Germany was the chocolate center of the world because Aldi (German-owned supermarket popular in the States) sold amazing chololates with the German flag prominently on the packaging.  Also because of the chocolate rations during WWII.

Even if the Swiss are the undisputed masters of chocolate, the Germans and the Belgians aren't too shaby.

LOL, sure they're pretty good. That was to the map and messing up with Obvious a bit :* lol.

My eldest aunt and her family have stayed in Belgium for years and they used to bring that good stuff a lot. But it's too sweet for me in general. Germans are crazy about sweet snacks in general. Not like the others' two art form though, I guess. Me, I'm a quite late chocolate fan because I don't like sweet-milk taste and it took some time for that rich strong bitter chocolates to come to my country. My younger aunt has lived in Switzerland for a long time (the one I've visited in London, been living in there for the last 10+ years, now she is moving back) and that's how I tasted high end Swiss chocolate for a few occasions. 

Switzerland and Belgium make the best chocolates in the world. Once upon a time, Turkey was the leading nut seller, and my professor's (she is 85 now) father owned the fields that grew some special kind of tiny nut. I think, it was almost only sold to both back then to be used in chocolate products. I dunno if that still goes on, long time. Insanely delicious those tiny nuts are. It was not something sold in the stores.

drunkenshoe

Americans fighting against Commie Mexicans and Liberal British Muslims in 1776 for their liberty. I wonder if I can work up a cheap sci-fi-conspiracy conservative fan fic from that premise if I force it.

The LBM is actually what BLM comes from. It's a play on the letters just to trick the righteous white. CM is the Chief Minister; the leader of the great communist army getting ready to invade the world, he is hiding in Mexico, getting back and forth in time, waiting for democrats to get power to attack...

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Sorginak on July 04, 2022, 09:16:38 PM18 Swedish Men Who Are So Breathtaking You Actually Won't Be Able To Breathe
buzzfeed.com

Myeh...Too beautiful, too neat looking. Also I'd need a ladder, lol. 

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?