News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Mike Cl

I remember watching the first movie (with high hopes--loved the book! Still do.) and I think the ending was the main hero and his squeeze making it back to earth and then seeing the workers on the space landing field advancing toward the ship and they were guerrillas.  But don't hold me too it--it's been over 50 years since I saw it. ;)
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Sorginak

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 26, 2022, 12:25:34 PM

It has been too many years since I saw it, but I thought Planet of the Apes was just an alternate dimension of Earth.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Sorginak on June 26, 2022, 04:03:47 PMIt has been too many years since I saw it, but I thought Planet of the Apes was just an alternate dimension of Earth.
Yeah, that's why it's funny.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Blackleaf

I thought the "Planet of the Apes" was just a distant future Earth.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Quote from: Blackleaf on June 26, 2022, 04:46:01 PMI thought the "Planet of the Apes" was just a distant future Earth.

Mike Cl

Quote from: Sorginak on June 26, 2022, 04:03:47 PMIt has been too many years since I saw it, but I thought Planet of the Apes was just an alternate dimension of Earth.
In the movie, it basically is.  In the book, they actually return to Earth via space travel--and land on an Earth populated by intelligent apes (not us).
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 26, 2022, 05:56:42 PMIn the movie, it basically is.  In the book, they actually return to Earth via space travel--and land on an Earth populated by intelligent apes (not us).
They warped, accidently, to the future Earth.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Sorginak

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Dark Lightning

Blackleaf

Quote from: Dark Lightning on June 27, 2022, 02:10:47 PM^ Which one is you? :P

The one shielding his eyes from the symbol of a fascist Christian theocracy.
--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--