News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

This is what was said to the Hortator when Vivec was not whole.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hydra009

Dark Lightning

^ The depth of some people's ignorance can be appalling.

Hydra009

I love seeing these things, because there are telltale commonalities: 1) complete certainty 2) complete lack of anything backing it up.

A simple "how do you know?" makes it crash and burn every time.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 07, 2022, 10:14:54 PM...A simple "how do you know?" makes it crash and burn every time.

I was drinking something.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

drunkenshoe

The dog doesn't just use a tool, he makes a decision to intervene and use a tool.  Nobody gives an order. He decides himself.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

Hydra009

Hydra009

Writer:  "Hero shooter and pen&paper rpg, same basic thing, right?"

Editor: "Beats me kid, basketball is still a new fad to me."

Writer: "I'll just say it's like D&D with laser battles.  That way people unfamiliar with D&D and people familiar with it won't have the slightest clue what I'm talking about."

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 08, 2022, 08:46:38 AM

Damned invasive species laws, keep us from having all the cool things - I guess it would be pretty bad for our ecosystem though.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

The high priestess raises a gold cup filled to the brim with crystal clear water.  The water is cold to the touch and shimmers when in contact with flesh.  Faintly, an angelic chorus can be heard from the cup, the words are indistinct but hopeful and reassuring.

The high priestess offers the cup to the party, promising blessings of protection and renewal as payment for the successful campaign.

The elf takes a sip, the dwarf drinks heartily, and the barbarian turns the cup upside down and chugs greedily.  The priestess smiles warmly.

In moments, the pleasurable taste of pure water is replaced by the acrid tang of iron - warm and frothy and intoxicating.  Your head swims.  You clutch at your throat, convulsing in agony. You drop the gold cup on the floor, now a horned skull filled with a viscuous red liquid. Your vision dims.  Your last sight is the priestess, her sweet smile now a rictus grin, her flesh turning a charred red-brown, new bones snapping violently and erupting from her shoulders.  In your last moment of consciousness, you see what looks like a leathery bat wing unfurl...

----

The party awakes somewhere in the Nine Hells...

Gawdzilla Sama

If you watch the dog video closely you'll notice that the other end of that dip net isn't in sight. Framing is everything.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hydra009

Shiranu

I think Loki and Raven would get along smashingly.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009