News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassia

Quote from: aitm on May 04, 2022, 06:04:58 PMDon't be so quick to the snide side. My family(when I was a kid) almost never bought veggies in the winter or spring. Think about that. We had a large garden..but small comparatively to some neighbors. maybe 60' x 40' a large backyard. But we got enough tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, onions and some others to never have to buy during the winter spring months. Yeah, sure we had to work it, but I have a garden today, 3 in fact but small, not nearly enough to last even a month...but I don't grow to save money....I just love to piddle around and go out and pick fresh green beans and corn and a few tomatoes and a stalk of romaine lettuce..for dinner along with a small rib eye...it is a "living reality thing"....and teaching.....or rather showing the kid, her hubby and the grandkid how easy it is....not really free food...but give up "the kardashains" for an hour to piddle in a garden? That's teaching baby.
Love that. I only grow things that could live here wild anyways, so the work is minimal. We had a wild hot bird-pepper plant that lasted years with no care. One pepper in a pot was enough heat for me. I have a "supermarket" section where I plant things that would normally get discarded (or composted in our case) such as garlic and onion tops, pineapple tops, and sweet potato nubs. With zero care I can snip some onion or garlic greens at any time for dinner, and they just grow right back. My microgreens need about 5 minutes a day of effort but are a sure thing. Started indoors (no light blackout) for 3 days and then out on the patio for a week. The tree-lady watches over things.

Dark Lightning

Nice garden! One of my sons does our landscaping and has a small garden. It's going to be a sad day when he moves out, but a gardener will likely be cheaper.

Did you make that "tree lady"?

Mike Cl

Cassia, love the Tree Lady!  If I were talented, I'd take a picture and post it, of our Native American female carved out of a redwood post and she overlooks our garden as well. We have gnomes, elves, fairies, trolls and various animals stuck here and there in the garden.  They seem to take good care of it.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Cassia

Quote from: Dark Lightning on May 05, 2022, 10:41:36 AMNice garden! One of my sons does our landscaping and has a small garden. It's going to be a sad day when he moves out, but a gardener will likely be cheaper.

Did you make that "tree lady"?
Yes, thanks all. My sweetheart casts it and I get to paint it!

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 04, 2022, 05:12:35 PM

Old man resists change. Reminisces of the good old days when people drank water out of garden hoses, spent their days in front of the TV instead of their phones, and tortured ants to stave off the boredom.
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Shiranu

I mean, he only got two wrong - HD is life and multi-graphic cards are solid, but the rest of the stuff (other than Spore, that game was lowkey kinda fun for a short while anyways) are generally hot garbage.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Three.  64-bit computing is king, 32-bit has largely been replaced.

Hydra009

Two out of three isn't bad, maybe they could have me on as a temp.  I'm decent at karaoke!

Hydra009

This stagecoach guard is riding shotgun.

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

We take a good long look, take meticulous notes on all its vulnerabilities, then broadcast this knowledge to every corner of the planet.

Decades later, the current generation has passed and children have grown up with tales of this invader.  Its shape, behavior, and vulnerabilities are all common knowledge.

One day, it appears.  The children unsheathe their knives...

Hydra009