News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post your funny pictures here!!! part Deux

Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on April 29, 2022, 12:59:38 PMExactly when did 'Mericans become dumber than a box of hammers?
Since 2016.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

Quote from: Cassia on April 29, 2022, 12:59:38 PMExactly when did 'Mericans become dumber than a box of hammers?
When was Reagan elected?

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Mike Cl

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 29, 2022, 02:00:57 PMWhen was Reagan elected?
I think that is correct.  Regan was a truly destructive president.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

the_antithesis

They didn't.

The hammers are getting smarter!

Hydra009

Hydra009

Hydra009

Cassia

Quote from: Hydra009 on May 02, 2022, 07:43:55 AM
I love growing food plants that are indigenous to our climate and we always have a tray of microgreens going. In fact I just harvested a bouquet of dill and basil this morning.

The only ornamentals I grow are morning glory for their stunning beauty. Our "lawn" is really a field of wildflowers that we only mow after they seed. I am trying to propagate bamboo from a pile of cuttings found along the roadside. I would like to try making a percussive musical instrument from them if they take.

the_antithesis

Seeds! We could plant a garden! If we rake and hoe and weed it all summer, we'll wind up with an armload of vegetables!

Mike Cl

Quote from: Cassia on May 02, 2022, 10:08:34 AMI love growing food plants that are indigenous to our climate and we always have a tray of microgreens going. In fact I just harvested a bouquet of dill and basil this morning.

The only ornamentals I grow are morning glory for their stunning beauty. Our "lawn" is really a field of wildflowers that we only mow after they seed. I am trying to propagate bamboo from a pile of cuttings found along the roadside. I would like to try making a percussive musical instrument from them if they take.

We like to do the same--grow plants that are indigenous to our area.  I live in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley; one of the bread baskets of the world.  It is rightly famous for it's produce.  But we are now struggling a bit.  The climate has changed so much in the last few years (getting hotter and for longer).  Our tomatoes struggled the last two years (and there is not much better than vine ripened tomatoes!) and that has been our star crop.  The basil (all 3/4 kinds we grow) and other herbs, such as thyme, parsley, oregano (3 kinds) and the like, have to be monitored daily to ensure they get enough shade.  Rosemary still is a bumper crop.  Last year the pole beans, zucchini and other squashes, struggled all summer (never had 2/3 weeks of 100 or more every day until last year) struggled all summer; when the 100 degree weather stopped in the fall, they took off and produced like champs.  All the flowers flourished, especially the dahlias and zinnias.   It is simply hit or miss anymore and this is for a huge agricultural area--farmers are going nuts!   

aitm

Quote from: the_antithesis on May 02, 2022, 10:18:52 AMSeeds! We could plant a garden! If we rake and hoe and weed it all summer, we'll wind up with an armload of vegetables!
Don't be so quick to the snide side. My family(when I was a kid) almost never bought veggies in the winter or spring. Think about that. We had a large garden..but small comparatively to some neighbors. maybe 60' x 40' a large backyard. But we got enough tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, peas, carrots, onions and some others to never have to buy during the winter spring months. Yeah, sure we had to work it, but I have a garden today, 3 in fact but small, not nearly enough to last even a month...but I don't grow to save money....I just love to piddle around and go out and pick fresh green beans and corn and a few tomatoes and a stalk of romaine lettuce..for dinner along with a small rib eye...it is a "living reality thing"....and teaching.....or rather showing the kid, her hubby and the grandkid how easy it is....not really free food...but give up "the kardashains" for an hour to piddle in a garden? That's teaching baby.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers