Started by Nam, July 26, 2014, 08:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: Cassia on January 29, 2022, 11:47:43 PM
I love stupid dr. jokes....
Me: "Doc, it hurts when I go like this"
Dr:  "Well, don't go like that"

Dark Lightning

I visited an old childhood friend with my family. They hadn't had any kids by that time. The wife was excited and went up to the store and got crayons and a coloring book. She set him at the fireplace hearth, and pooh-poohed our caution about crayons on the brick. He was not quite 3, and yup, crayon on the brick.  :doh: The guy had a high-end tube amplifier stereo with electret speakers, which were temporarily simply sitting on concrete blocks. Way expensive. My son was running all over the house. I lived in mortal fear that he was going to knock those speakers over. Stressful weekend. :lol:

Hydra009

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Shiranu

Quote from: Hydra009 on February 03, 2022, 02:15:08 PM

Is this actually what One Piece is (partly) about? A friend has been trying to convince me to watch it but aint nobody got time for that... though now I am slightly intrigued.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

No, it's not really about that at all.  It's about becoming a pirate and the power of friendship or somesuch.

The joke is sneaking in a blunt wake-up call where you would normally expect a trite platitude.

Hydra009

In medieval europe, they loved primary colors, wooden castles, and reading/writing waay more than people would assume.

Also, red may or may not be somewhat overly emphasized for classical Rome (flanderized)