News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

TWO HOURS?!?!?!

Started by Nam, July 24, 2014, 01:11:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/24/execution-joseph-rudolph-wood-arizona-inmate-takes-2-hours/

The Arizona execution in which the Supreme Court overturned the lower courts decision to hold off until the state would provide what drugs and who the executioners were TOOK TWO FUCKIN' HOURS to carry out.

Is that humane? Most inhumane US Supreme Court (minus the sane ones helpless to do anything but watch the Conservative Justices fuck up everything because they're by the Catholic Church not the US Constitution).

Death Penalty needs to go!

Quote"...gasping and snorting for more than an hour."

"One thing is certain, however," Brewer's statement continued, "Wood died in a lawful manner and by eyewitness and medical accounts he did not suffer.

:wtff:

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

The Skeletal Atheist

Yep. For some reason, nitrogen asphyxiation, though cheap, painless, and effective isn't being used. Not that I support the death penalty, but if we're going to have it then nitrogen is the way to go. Hell, if the prisoner gives consent you can even use the organs afterwards because they're not poisoned!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

AllPurposeAtheist

The death penalty is about vengeance and vengeance ONLY. It has nothing to do with punishment or detouring people from committing their special crimes and damned sure nothing to do with justice.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GrinningYMIR

Recently a guy said why not use the firing squad if you're going to execute them? A judge I believe it was.

To be honest, I could go with that. It lasts 10 seconds, and 7 guys shooting you with even low powered weapons at a rang of less than 10 yards will most certainly lead to instantaneous death
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Mermaid

What is the function of the death penalty? To spit someone out of existence like a watermelon seed, or to punish said person? Punitive or cleansing? Or a little bit of both?

Either way, I think it is very fucked up.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

SGOS

"Vengeance is mine," sayeth the Lord, "and by extension, also to my flock."

AllPurposeAtheist

I saw the twat on TV claim they guy couldn't suffer enough to satisfy her.. Those weren't her exact words, but heavily implied. I seriously doubt the bitch has ever felt empathy for any suffering of anyone except herself. Yet, no amount of vengeance will ever bring her family back and now she has the blood of the condemned on her hands as well as having to deal with grief of missing family.
People seem to have a fucked up idea of what prison is about as if they themselves would all be the alpha dog in prison and nobody ever suffers enough there.

I really get tired of this life at times listening to these arrogant fucks.

stromboli

As I said once before, the death penalty is about bloodlust. From a religious standpoint, the opposite of anything like forgiveness. This in a sectarian state where the majority thinks of themselves as religious. Really stupid from every angle. I think someone doing life in prison facing every day without hope is a worse fate than death and the cessation of life. Were I in that situation, I would commit suicide.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on July 24, 2014, 11:27:43 AM
As I said once before, the death penalty is about bloodlust. From a religious standpoint, the opposite of anything like forgiveness. This in a sectarian state where the majority thinks of themselves as religious. Really stupid from every angle. I think someone doing life in prison facing every day without hope is a worse fate than death and the cessation of life. Were I in that situation, I would commit suicide.
Which is why the death penalty ought to be completely voluntary..  Give the option to most people doing hard time and I bet a large percentage would take it.
What I don't understand is the foolishness of lethal injection when heroin is dirt cheap, painless and abundant.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 24, 2014, 11:31:49 AM
Which is why the death penalty ought to be completely voluntary..  Give the option to most people doing hard time and I bet a large percentage would take it.
What I don't understand is the foolishness of lethal injection when heroin is dirt cheap, painless and abundant.

And Nitrogen gas. Or even Carbon Monoxide.

AllPurposeAtheist

Not sure about nitrogen, but carbon monoxide isn't painless. Besides, the public would never go for it because it smacks of gassing people..

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 24, 2014, 11:41:33 AM
Not sure about nitrogen, but carbon monoxide isn't painless. Besides, the public would never go for it because it smacks of gassing people..

I had 2 friends that lost their lives in high school from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, and they both just died. No indication of pain or struggle. Interesting.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: stromboli on July 24, 2014, 11:44:25 AM
I had 2 friends that lost their lives in high school from Carbon Monoxide poisoning, and they both just died. No indication of pain or struggle. Interesting.
I've been exposed twice..once by accident and once trying to off myself. You get real groggy and sleepy, but it's still painful. You just can't move easily. Your limbs get REALLY heavy.. But it feels like grit in your veins..

Nam

Quote from: stromboli on July 24, 2014, 11:27:43 AM

It's also cheaper.

-Nam

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 24, 2014, 11:31:49 AM

Wouldn't that be assisted suicide?

-Nam