News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ask a Catholic

Started by CatholicCrusader, July 19, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leo

Quote from: Poison Tree on July 31, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
you actually think it is a moral solution for someone to torture an innocent dumb animal in order to somehow pawn off his sins onto it?
.                                                                                                                                                    That's a very stupid superstition. I agree.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

stromboli

Quote from: stromboli on July 25, 2014, 02:17:07 PM
Okay so, I'll be nice. What is your opinion on this thread
http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=5797.0

And this thread? Really like to get your comments.
http://atheistforums.com/index.php?topic=5812.0

Please read these links and respond to them. This is a debate forum. If you do not, it will confirm you are a troll.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 03:54:29 PM
apparently you have not been reading my posts.  I I told you I'm not a good Catholic and I don't believe all of what the Church teaches.  The Church is very biblical and believe s that the Bible is without error.  I never said I did and I never said I can prove any existence of God.
Again, who the fuck cares if you're a good Catholic or not? If you want to admit that the Catholic church bases its assertion that the Bible is without error on fuck all, fair enough, but don't waffle and whine when you're put on the spot. This is a thread where we ask and you answer. If you are unable to do that, then you should not have started the thread in the first place.

I have said that I have come here multiple times to teach what the Church teaches or answer questions about Catholicism .  I didn't come here to prove to anybody that the teachings of the Catholic Church are true or that you should convert.
Again, you set yourself up as the Expert Catholic in this thread. That means having a solid grip on the material, so that you may ask reasonable questions posed to you. You have not done this. Now answer my questions in an intelligent way or fuck off.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

stromboli

apparently you have not been reading my posts.  I I told you I'm not a good Catholic and I don't believe all of what the Church teaches.  The Church is very biblical and believe s that the Bible is without error.  I never said I did and I never said I can prove any existence of God.

I have said that I have come here multiple times to teach what the Church teaches or answer questions about Catholicism .  I didn't come here to prove to anybody that the teachings of the Catholic Church are true or that you should convert.

And it never at any point in your addled brain dawned on you that we don't want you to answer questions and don't give a shit about your beliefs.

Munch

Simply put CC, if you create an open debate thread with the purpose of asking you, a Catholic, any question, that implies you have an answer for said questions. You've pretty much said through that you don't have all the answers, so I don't think it was worth making that kind of statement that you might, in an effort to teach what you know about Catholicism to atheists on an atheist website.

You kind of left yourself open for a lot to be thrown at you. Best thing to do is withdraw now, I don't like seeing someone backed into a corner (unless they are evil bastards, which you clearly are not)
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Nam

Quote from: CatholicCrusader on July 31, 2014, 12:53:42 AM
Also in regard to my statement about responding to every post, I never said i would do that.  if you have a question I will try to you answer it. please let me know what your question is or if there is an earlier question that I failed to answer.

Opening statement made by you when you started this topic:

Quotethis is a thread where I answer questions anyone has about the Catholic Church.

You say this in your second comment:

QuoteDon't worry about me guys.  Not only can you guys all gang up on me but the other theists  will as well so you will have fun with me I'm sure.

This tells me that every question anyone poses to you you will answer yet now you say, "I never said I would..."?

That's exactly what you said you would do.

You lost. Game over. Fuck off.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

stromboli

You got to admire a man with the courage to stand up to which ever way the wind blows.

SGOS

What we really need is for the Pope to come to the forum and start a thread where he answers questions about the Catholic Church, not some guy that doesn't agree with the church, and doesn't seem to have a real purpose in being here.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Nam on August 01, 2014, 04:15:07 AM
Opening statement made by you when you started this topic:

You say this in your second comment:

This tells me that every question anyone poses to you you will answer yet now you say, "I never said I would..."?

That's exactly what you said you would do.

You lost. Game over. Fuck off.

-Nam
.your statement is false.  I never said that I said I wouldn't respond to every question.  if I forgot about an earlier question I asked you to remind me and I will get to them even if it isn't instantaneously or within 24 hours.

I said I wouldn't respond to every post. Not every post contains a question.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Hakurei Reimu on July 19, 2014, 11:25:36 PM
Why do you think that you're any more qualified to answer questions about catholicism than the infamous catholic idiot with the user-name 'Eve' was?

What made the Catholic church qualified to choose the first biblical canon?

Why should a protestant trust a papal definitive and summary pronouncement of scripture over any live, evolving scholarly discussion of said scripture?
maybe there are people on this site that are more qualified.

as Catholic we believe that the Catholic Church was qualified to decide the original Canon goes back to Acts chapter 15.  the apostles as the Church authority of that time had a council and they made a decision that totally contradicted the Scriptures of that time, but since they are the church authorities they were guided by the Holy Spirit and their decision was final.

the Church believes that the authority of the Apostles was passed on to their successors.  when the church has a council we believe that that council is guided by the Holy Spirit as was the council in Acts chapter 15.  so the Church believes that the decisions of the councils of Rome, Carthage, and hippo were guided by the Holy Spirit and this was the canon that God desired.

Martin Luther decided that he knew better.  Protestants accept his decision on the canon.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: SGOS on August 01, 2014, 08:51:10 AM
What we really need is for the Pope to come to the forum and start a thread where he answers questions about the Catholic Church, not some guy that doesn't agree with the church, and doesn't seem to have a real purpose in being here.
just because I disagree with the church doesn't mean that the church is wrong.  just because I don't understand why the Church teaches what she does, I'm not saying that I am smarter than the Magisterium, the Pope, or two thousand years of Christian tradition.

that's what  Martin Luther decided except for it was 1500 years of tradition that he was rejecting.

I have a oppinions that are not in line with the church, but I do not know these opinions to be factual with certainty.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Munch on August 01, 2014, 03:52:40 AM
Simply put CC, if you create an open debate thread with the purpose of asking you, a Catholic, any question, that implies you have an answer for said questions. You've pretty much said through that you don't have all the answers, so I don't think it was worth making that kind of statement that you might, in an effort to teach what you know about Catholicism to atheists on an atheist website.

You kind of left yourself open for a lot to be thrown at you. Best thing to do is withdraw now, I don't like seeing someone backed into ar corner (unless they are evil bastards, which you clearly are not)
I can handle whatever consequences there are of starting a topic that interests me on an atheist website.

I hope that there would be more theists here.  I want to discuss what I find to be interesting on a site that is not full of rules that say you have to be fake and act like you're someone you're not or you will get banned.

I think most Christian sites out there would ban me for saying what I say here.

also I have every intention of answering any question but sometimes the answer will be I don't know.  do I know that God exists? No I do not know that because it is an issue of faith. If I knew,  it wouldn't be faith.

my religion is called the Catholic faith not the Catholic proof.  the word faith essentially is a declaration of something that can not be proven or the word would not be appropriate.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: stromboli on July 31, 2014, 08:20:35 PM
Please read these links and respond to them. This is a debate forum. If you do not, it will confirm you are a troll.
I believe church authorities make an extremely asinine decision when they harbor a pedophile, do not take the faculties of a pedophile away, or try to prevent a pedophile from suffering the legal Consequences of his actions.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 31, 2014, 06:49:45 PM
According to the NT, it was a woman who first saw the ressurected Christ. Why should women therefore be denied the opportunity to serve God in the capacity of a priest?

And It was Peter, the "first Pope" who thrice denied knowing Jesus. Matt. 10:33

Given this, how could Peter ever have been any kind of an intecessor between God and man, such as a pope is supposed to be?
Peter didn't do anything worse than King David or a lot of the prophets of the Old Testament.  every intercessor is a great sinner. 

Jesus Christ chose twelve men to be his apostles.  the all male priesthood is biblical both in the New and Old Testament.  it does not mean that men are more holy.  the Church teaches that the holiest human being to walk the world was a woman.

but she was not a priest.

CatholicCrusader

Quote from: Poison Tree on July 31, 2014, 07:01:19 PM
you actually think it is a moral solution for someone to torture an innocent dumb animal in order to somehow pawn off his sins onto it?
if scripture didn't say so I certainly would not believe that such an action were a good thing. Apparently God believes in to be the solution.