Will the real 10 Commandments please stand up?

Started by Mike Cl, September 09, 2014, 08:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Cl

Most christians think that the 10 commandments appear in the bible as they are usually posted.  Those commandments are culled from Exodus 29:1-17 and Deut. 5:6-21.  But they are not listed as such; they have be dug out and somebody then has to number them.  But they are numbered in a third place--and this is where the numbered version is listed: Exodus 34:10-26.  Here they are:
The Ten Commandments

1.  For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:

2.  Thou shalt make thee no molten gods.

3.  The feast of unleavened bread shalt thou keep.

4.  All that openeth the matrix is mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, whether ox or sheep, that is male.

5.  Six days thou shalt work, but on the seventh day thou shalt rest: in earing time and in harvest thou shalt rest.

6.  And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.

7.  Thrice in the year shall all your menchildren appear before the LORD God, the God of Israel.

8.  Thou shalt not offer the blood of my sacrifice with leaven; neither shall the feast of the Passover be left until the morning.

9.  The first of the firstfruits of thy land thou shalt bring unto the house of the LORD thy God.

10.  Thou shalt not seethe a kid in his mother's milk.

That's a pretty good list.  I for one, have never liked my goat cooked with it's mothers milk.  I always have prefered it roasted over a burning bush.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

stromboli

Thank you. And still nothing on rape and slavery......

MagetheEntertainer

Does number 4 have something to do with the prophet Morpheus?

Mike Cl

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?