News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Does anyone feel sorry for Satan?

Started by Munch, July 16, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

Someone did a body count based on biblical teachings regarding who was the bigger mass murderer, Satan or the Yahweh idiot. The score was about 25 million (for God) and 10 for Satan.  There is a book.

Munch

Quote from: 1liesalot on June 29, 2015, 08:40:54 AM
Someone did a body count based on biblical teachings regarding who was the bigger mass murderer, Satan or the Yahweh idiot. The score was about 25 million (for God) and 10 for Satan.  There is a book.

When god kills its "Divine love", when satan kills its "evil".

'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Satan enjoys the heat ... he is from Yuma AZ.  G-d always has his thermostat set at 72 degrees .. that is why it is Heaven ;-)

In the Bible, G-d and Satan are not opposed ... Satan works for G-d ... Satan is the PM/Attorney General/Vizier.  This is why the Vizier always gets a bum rap in the Disney cartoons.  If the Vizier is the fall guy, snicker ... then this allows the Sultan to be the good guy ... but it really is just good cop/bad cop.

The idea that they are opposed, is extra-biblical ... from Zoroastrianism.  They later became opposed in Christian and Muslim theology.  But Ibis in Islam is a different kind of fallen angel ... his sin is taking Allah too literally ;-)  And there are people who feel sorry for Ibis for that reason.  In Christianity, Ibis is more like an evil jinn (irony alert).  In Islam, jinni have free will, can choose to accept or reject Allah, same as humans can.  The Christian version was mostly developed by the Desert Fathers (see Islam) and by Dante and John Milton.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

KingJ

Quote from: Munch on July 16, 2014, 06:23:11 PM
poor satan, he has it pretty bad when you consider his story.

1. First he's an angel in heaven, 2. but over time he starts to become aware of gods bullshit rules and laws, and so decides to rebel against his all powerful master, really he had the best of intent in mind.
3. He gets disfigured, and thrown down from heaven into a cesspit that god made, and makes him the lord of this cesspit.

4. And now, all bad things happening in the world gets put on satans head for it, meanwhile god carries on doing his genocidal mission to make peoples lives suffer, spreading discord among people, all who pray god for it and shun satan when bad things not made by god happen.

5. I recon he could be a cool anti hero type given the opportunity.

6. All he needs his a hug.
1. Yes and greatly loved by God. God loves all of His creations.

2. No. He knew them all the time. In heaven the greatest is the humblest. He wanted his own greatness. He was tired of all the humility, selflessness and love. He wanted to be worshipped and idolized. Vanity kicked in.

3.Earth is hardly a cesspit.

4.Nobody blames him. Bible is crystal clear that we will all pay for our own sins. The devil just happened to be the first to rebel against God and just happens to be the most powerful being in this rebellion at the moment. Isn't it interesting that he still has his power?

5.Doubtful. Jesus says he has been sinning from the beginning. Sinning = raping, stealing, lying, hurting others. If thats your idea of cool you are not thinking right.

6.Believe it or not but God's grace is still on him (still hugging him). God loves all of His creation. God just has to watch him and isolate him. Like a lion with lambs.

Look at how Jesus spoke to him in the wilderness. He gave him the time of day. He did not insult nor hurt him. By entertaining his silliness He showed respect and love for him.

I do feel sorry for satan and all the fallen angels. I think everyone in heaven does too. God tells us to love our enemies, because He does.

KingJ

Quote from: 1liesalot on June 29, 2015, 08:40:54 AM

Suggesting God is evil for killing people is on par with accusing Him of evil for creating us.

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Isn't God evil for creating creatures that can suffer unbearable pain, and then bring floods, tornadoes. hurricanes, drought, earthquakes, diseases, blindness,  wars fought over Him, and does absolutely nothing?  And who was it that created hell?
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

KingJ

Quote from: Solitary on June 30, 2015, 11:03:14 AM
Isn't God evil for creating creatures that can suffer unbearable pain, and then bring floods, tornadoes. hurricanes, drought, earthquakes, diseases, blindness,  wars fought over Him, and does absolutely nothing?  And who was it that created hell?

God giving us nerve endings is not evil.

Torture is evil. There is NO evidence of God torturing any of His enemies! Sodom was destroyed properly by fire. No running in the streets for weeks like Sadam did to the Kurds with gas missiles. When people were stoned to death, it was done properly. No small stones. No stone, stop, stone, stop. Respected and qualified elders would oversee it all. The worst punishment OT was being burnt at the stake. This was done properly!! No small fires. NO brazen bull!

Hell is not a place that God will torture His enemies. It is a home for those that love what is evil > hating it John 3:19. Scripture says ''the fire of their torment''. Not God makes a fire for them.

God loves His enemies.

Mike Cl

Quote from: KingJ on June 30, 2015, 10:12:59 AM
Suggesting God is evil for killing people is on par with accusing Him of evil for creating us.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?
Any questions, KingJ??????
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

KingJ

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 30, 2015, 11:14:59 AM
1. Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent,
2. Is he able but not willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
3. Is he neither able or willing?
Then why call him god?
Any questions, KingJ??????
God does limit His omnipotence and His omniscience in His dealings with us to uphold who He is. Him doing this is not evidence of Him being evil or 'not God'. It is rather evidence of our human minds being a limiting factor in grasping 'God of the universe'. Is it really a surprise that a creation may not be able to fully grasp their Creator? All we can really do is look at where the evidence points.

It points to... God of the universe limiting His omnipotence to make Himself a Lamb to the slaughter for our evil.
It points to ...God giving us space and time to exercise our free will to hate or love what is evil.

We need to try and grasp who God is. He is omnipotent + omnisicient + He is Good!!

We give thanks because God is good Psalm 136:1. There is no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

KingJ

Quote from: Mike Cl on June 30, 2015, 11:14:59 AM
Then whence cometh evil?

Brains. Being the creation we are. We are accountable for evil / sins because of grey matter between ears.

We can choose to talk nicely to each other or send mail bombs. How is God evil for giving us space to be evil? It would be evil of God if He did not give us space to be evil / ourselves.

That many are victims of evil is not evidence of God being evil. What God does do....is He eliminates those whose evil is ''full measure''. Such would put people through unbearable evil. All who are living ..are living because God still has hope for them because their evil is not full measure.

The Amorites sin was not full measure so God did not destroy them Gen 15:16. The sin of Sodom was. Those in Sodom would be capable of putting kids, you and I through evil that would cause everyone in heaven to go mad including God.

God allows certain threshholds / a level of evil to respect the free will of those that hate Him.

TomFoolery

Quote from: KingJ on June 30, 2015, 12:15:36 PM
There is no darkness in Him at all 1 John 1:5.

I think the Bible makes it pretty evident that this statement is only true if we suspend virtually all interpretations of what we consider "darkness." Giving people free will and then drowning them all when they don't do what you want seems pretty dark to me, as does murdering innocent babies to prove a point to the Pharaoh, and threatening the Israelites with the cannibalism of their own children as found in the book of Jeremiah... the Bible is full of examples of acts of God that are downright horrifying. We can easily say that God is a good guy if we just completely invert the definition of "good."
How can you be sure my refusal to agree with your claim a symptom of my ignorance and not yours?

Draconic Aiur

Baruch

My conclusion as a monotheist ... is that G-d and Satan are the same person.  And I prefer to see G-d in feminine terms ... but that doesn't mean I am down on women.  This doesn't clear up my unhappiness nor clarify my confusion ... but then I consider G-d partially responsible for that.  If G-d isn't then G-s is irresponsible.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.