News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Does anyone feel sorry for Satan?

Started by Munch, July 16, 2014, 06:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Munch

poor satan, he has it pretty bad when you consider his story.

First he's an angel in heaven, but over time he starts to become aware of gods bullshit rules and laws, and so decides to rebel against his all powerful master, really he had the best of intent in mind.
He gets disfigured, and thrown down from heaven into a cesspit that god made, and makes him the lord of this cesspit.

And now, all bad things happening in the world gets put on satans head for it, meanwhile god carries on doing his genocidal mission to make peoples lives suffer, spreading discord among people, all who pray god for it and shun satan when bad things not made by god happen.

I recon he could be a cool anti hero type given the opportunity.

All he needs his a hug.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

stromboli

I don't feel sorry for satan any more than I feel sorry for Sauron or Voldemort, because they are all fictional characters.

Poison Tree

I thought it was going to be the Mark Twain quote "But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

stromboli

Quote from: Poison Tree on July 16, 2014, 06:43:03 PM
I thought it was going to be the Mark Twain quote "But who prays for Satan? Who, in eighteen centuries, has had the common humanity to pray for the one sinner that needed it most?"

Kind of weird, because my late brother, High Priest in the Mormon church, once told me he felt sorry for satan (in Mormonism satan is a fallen pre-mortal spirit, hence a spirit brother) and felt bad for him being condemned to hell. I know he read the Mark Twain quote, so pretty sure that is where he got it from.

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on July 16, 2014, 06:42:23 PM
I don't feel sorry for satan any more than I feel sorry for Sauron or Voldemort, because they are all fictional characters.

Well yes but you can feel sorry for fictional characters, like Neville Longbottom or any character associated with Bella swan. As a fictional character, poor satan gets a bad wrap.

_Xenu_

Quote from: stromboli on July 16, 2014, 06:42:23 PM
You're taking this thread too seriously. Of course they're fictional characters, that doesn't mean you can't try to see thing from their point of view.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

stromboli

Quote from: _Xenu_ on July 16, 2014, 07:45:38 PM
You're taking this thread too seriously. Of course they're fictional characters, that doesn't mean you can't try to see thing from their point of view.

Or maybe i don't waste mental energy in conjecture about such topics.

PickelledEggs

I have said similar things, Munch lol.

Lucifer, if you look at the story isn't that bad of a guy. He was god's right hand man and just wanted some appreciation and power. So God-the-dick banishes him? What a greedy little shit! :lol:

One of the reasons that I like the anime Death Note, is it mirrors this part of the christian myth so well. I felt sorry for Light and was rooting for him to actually achieve his goal partially, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen.

(actually, food for thought... Light is a direct reference to one of Lucifer's nicknames.... as is The Morning Star, The Most Beautiful Angel, etc)

Jason Harvestdancer

I don't care either way about Satan but I do feel sorry about Lucifer.  Here he is some Italian God of the Morning Star, him and his sister Lucia.

Along come the Christians and they say "your sister, she can be a saint, but we're gong to say that you are the same person as Satan."
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on July 16, 2014, 11:16:18 PM
I don't care either way about Satan but I do feel sorry about Lucifer.  Here he is some Italian God of the Morning Star, him and his sister Lucia.

Along come the Christians and they say "your sister, she can be a saint, but we're gong to say that you are the same person as Satan."
Yeah. Satan is definitely different than Lucifer. I wouldn't feel sorry for satan, I do think he'd be a blast to hang out with though. I think he gets a bad rap from god being a genuine prick in his story. It's pretty transparent even though he's the "protagonist" god is still the asshole.... so maybe Satan is just a party animal with all the good music, hookers, and drugs.

AllPurposeAtheist

Satan just misspells his name once a year to get little kids minds off being sent to the firey pits of hell for not eating brussel sprouts..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 17, 2014, 12:02:43 AM
Satan just misspells his name once a year to get little kids minds off being sent to the firey pits of hell for not eating brussel sprouts..
Satan.... Santa. Same letters... same red suit.... same guy.

Draconic Aiur

Munch

Quote from: stromboli on July 16, 2014, 08:40:32 PM
Or maybe i don't waste mental energy in conjecture about such topics.

yet you put mental energy into commenting on it anyway? come on..

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.