News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The word of the Creator of everything

Started by robandrob1, February 20, 2013, 05:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robandrob1

In his infinite wisdom, Allah decided to reveal this morsel of wisdom to us, so that Humanity would be aware of the proper dinner etiquette when eating with the Prophet

QuoteO Ye who believe! Enter not the dwellings of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless permission be granted you. But if ye are invited, enter, and, when your meal is ended, then disperse. Linger not for conversation. Lo! that would cause annoyance to the Prophet...
33:53

Jeez, Allah thought of everything.

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "robandrob1"In his infinite wisdom, Allah decided to reveal this morsel of wisdom to us, so that Humanity would be aware of the proper dinner etiquette when eating with the Prophet

QuoteO Ye who believe! Enter not the dwellings of the Prophet for a meal without waiting for the proper time, unless permission be granted you. But if ye are invited, enter, and, when your meal is ended, then disperse. Linger not for conversation. Lo! that would cause annoyance to the Prophet...

Looks like the prophet didn't like annoying small talk when he was busy digesting.

SGOS

Quote from: "Bobby_Ouroborus"Looks like the prophet didn't like annoying small talk when he was busy digesting.
Why invite people over to eat if you don't want to talk to them:  "Shut up.  Eat your food, and then get out of here."

"Thanks for a wonderful evening."

Bobby_Ouroborus

Quote from: "SGOS"Why invite people over to eat if you don't want to talk to them

So people can watch you eat.

Thumpalumpacus

Does this includes complaints about the vegetables being overcooked?  Because I'm not sure I could shut up about shitty cooking.
<insert witty aphorism here>

Alaric I

Quote from: "robandrob1"In his infinite wisdom, Allah decided to reveal this morsel of wisdom to us, so that Humanity would be aware of the proper dinner etiquette when eating with the Prophet

Well the wording seems to mean a Mosque.  So it sounds to me like a communion.  Does that mean I should not pray while I am there?

Brian37

Actually I work at a breakfast place. I do get highly fucking annoyed by people who think it is a library. Eat and get the fuck up and leave so the employees can do their jobs. But you don't need a god for that.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37