News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Newbie here

Started by Nopejustnotinterested, December 25, 2023, 11:04:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nopejustnotinterested

Hi there. I just finally figured out how to make a new topic! Yay! :)

Took me some time to figure it out but I finally did it, I'm a slow learner btw

Anyway, as you read from the title, I'm new here, an atheist btw. Just came here to have some perhaps unnecessary vents about things in general. I've had a rough time getting along with my religious relatives and I have very little company with my own kind.

As much as I love my Christian family and neighbors, it's at times unnerving to the point where I have to walk on eggshells around them. I've moved out btw, but I still have no friends. My old friends have moved away a long, long time ago, and I'm unable to contact them as I'm a night owl.

You could say I could've just been active in the daytime like "normal people" but that's not how I operate. I have to rely on the internet not only because of my schedule, but because I can't find anyone nearby that I can talk comfortably with about my everyday stresses.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm complaining, it's just that I've been through a rough time. Hope you don't mind.

Unbeliever

Merry Saturnalia! 🎅
I'm looking forward to having another unbeliever in the mix, since the more the merrier!
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

aitm

Welcome. But be forewarned, nearly everyone here thinks they are experts in solving peoples problems, so be careful what you ask for. Only one person has that ability but I charge a quarter....payable up front.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Dark Lightning

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on December 25, 2023, 11:43:32 AMWelcome. But be forewarned, nearly everyone here thinks they are experts in solving peoples problems, so be careful what you ask for. Only one person has that ability but I charge a quarter....payable up front.
"Physician, heal thyself."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

Welcome to our little band of heathens.

And merry christmas, you son of a gun.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Luther Martini

Welcome to the forum.

Being an atheist is a wonderful thing.

Nopejustnotinterested

Quote from: Luther Martini on December 25, 2023, 03:32:17 PMWelcome to the forum.

Being an atheist is a wonderful thing.

Well said. And thank you very much for the warm welcome. :)

Blackleaf

Quote from: aitm on December 25, 2023, 11:43:32 AMWelcome. But be forewarned, nearly everyone here thinks they are experts in solving peoples problems, so be careful what you ask for. Only one person has that ability but I charge a quarter....payable up front.

Ah. The Messiah complex. I know how to fix that. CBT would likely be the most effective strategy to...
"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--