News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Re-introducing myself

Started by Sargon The Grape, July 25, 2024, 01:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sargon The Grape

Apparently we can change our display names now, so I went ahead and updated mine to the one I've been using on almost every website besides this one for the past decade.

I'm the dude y'all have known as Hijiri Byakuren all these years. The name "Sargon The Grape" started as a YouTube channel name and then just gradually spread to all of my accounts. That nifty little purple grape avatar with the bust of Sargon of Akkad on it was made by a very dear friend of mine. As for where I came up with the name... I honestly can't remember, but I do know it didn't have anything to do with the other dude on YouTube.

I've used a number of labels in the past, but have recently come across the term "ignostic," which I think fits me quite well. It means refusing to take a position on "the existence of God" unless and until the concept of a god has been defined. If any of you remember my old copy/paste argument, you know that has always been my biggest sticking point with apologists.

Anyway, this is the name I'll be sticking with going forward. Happy I was finally able to update it.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

My Youtube Channel