News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Staff Bans / Logs

Started by wolf39us, July 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

It's with Gary Oldman, who's always worth watching.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on January 09, 2021, 06:13:21 PM
Never seen it.

Please do? It was one of my cult movies as a kid. You'll like it.  I mean as a big kid,lol. Not as a child.
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

GSOgymrat

I enjoyed Baruch when he wasn't spamming the forum with unlinked "headlines", assigning me to positions I never supported or wishing people harm. I respect his knowledge of history and philosophy.

SGOS

Quote from: GSOgymrat on January 27, 2021, 07:24:41 AM
I enjoyed Baruch when he wasn't spamming the forum with unlinked "headlines", assigning me to positions I never supported or wishing people harm. I respect his knowledge of history and philosophy.
The problem was that it was a rare post when he wasn't spamming, trolling, posting out of context, or from right wing conspiracy outlets.  If he ever said anything that wasn't an attempt to annoy, I may have missed it. 

Gawdzilla Sama

I was 1/2 a step away from leaving here. Thanks to the enforcers, I no longer clench my teeth when I click on the link.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Yeah, kinda my fault. I kept hoping he could return to his old self but he just went further into bat shit crazy. Finally the other guys said enough. So...sorry for the pain I put y’all through.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Unbeliever

Well, it didn't kill us, so it made us stronger...
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

SGOS

I don't feel stronger, but I am enjoying threads that are allowed to evolve on their own without being sidetracked by Baruch's irrelevant issues.

Mike Cl

When he first joined he shared his knowledge and insights with us and they were sane, deep and interesting.  And that was his tone for many years.  Then things slowly changed and he turned into this trump-like rager.  He offered nothing positive to this board.  I think he had very negative reaction to his retirement and move to New Mexico.  Emotionally he seemed a mess and was determined to make this board pay for 'it'--whatever it was.  I very much enjoyed and respected him until the last year or two, when he became unreadable.  The board feels much different with him gone and I am enjoying his absence.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Gawdzilla Sama

I was ready to walk, and leave him to his personal toy. I wasn't happy with that but coming here seemed pointless. Thanks for fix that.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 30, 2021, 09:28:06 AM
When he first joined he shared his knowledge and insights with us and they were sane, deep and interesting.  And that was his tone for many years.  Then things slowly changed and he turned into this trump-like rager.  He offered nothing positive to this board.  I think he had very negative reaction to his retirement and move to New Mexico.  Emotionally he seemed a mess and was determined to make this board pay for 'it'--whatever it was.  I very much enjoyed and respected him until the last year or two, when he became unreadable.  The board feels much different with him gone and I am enjoying his absence.
I think they sounded sane and insightful at first, but the more we heard it, the more we started to pick up on the bullshit. I fell for it, too, at first.

Mike Cl

Quote from: PickelledEggs on January 31, 2021, 10:30:18 AM
I think they sounded sane and insightful at first, but the more we heard it, the more we started to pick up on the bullshit. I fell for it, too, at first.
I would agree with you, but I had a 10/15 year history with him on a couple of forums prior to him coming here.  He was never unhinged as he was here.  He was a totally different person then. 
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

SGOS

Quote from: Mike Cl on January 31, 2021, 11:18:31 AM
I would agree with you, but I had a 10/15 year history with him on a couple of forums prior to him coming here.  He was never unhinged as he was here.  He was a totally different person then. 
I never knew him before he showed up here, but like you, I don't think he was trying to fool us at first.  I think, something happened to him.  I don't know what it was, but as I recall, he changed during his first year.  I've only seen this kind of transformation one other time with another person, and in both cases, I explained it to myself in layman's terms:  "Somebody went crazy."  People don't flip out that fast and go in a completely different direction without some major malfunction in their psyche.

Mike Cl

Quote from: SGOS on January 31, 2021, 12:25:08 PM
I never knew him before he showed up here, but like you, I don't think he was trying to fool us at first.  I think, something happened to him.  I don't know what it was, but as I recall, he changed during his first year.  I've only seen this kind of transformation one other time with another person, and in both cases, I explained it to myself in layman's terms:  "Somebody went crazy."  People don't flip out that fast and go in a completely different direction without some major malfunction in their psyche.
That's pretty close to how I view it.  He went all trumpy on us. 

aitm

We’ve spent way too much time talking about this guy....in my opinion. Shall we move on?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust