News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Staff Bans / Logs

Started by wolf39us, July 13, 2014, 10:53:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Xenu_

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 29, 2019, 05:34:03 PM
And how on earth you thought this was OK? Banning a member is not something you can turn into personal amusement. If you don't get that you shouldn't be moderating. Have you ever seen any mods and admins doing anything like this? You think they couldn't have?
I shouldn't have done that, I was frustrated and I will delete what I changed. Having said that, Kimmie used to do stuff every time she banned someone and I never heard a complaint about it.  However, some things should stay in the past and I will not do anything similar in the future. My apologies to anyone offended by my actions. I will fix the profile, but the ban will not be lifted.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on April 30, 2019, 02:20:39 AM
I remember what it was changed to. Not from, alas..

E:
To:
Personal text: 2 stupid 2 live
signature: a link to nambla
profile pic: a communist flag
Oh man. For some reason I thought he had that on there as a way to mock people in the weird way he did lol

I can remove that when I get home

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

PopeyesPappy

I think I took care of most of the offensive stuff.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 30, 2019, 09:32:09 AM
I shouldn't have done that, I was frustrated and I will delete what I changed. Having said that, Kimmie used to do stuff every time she banned someone and I never heard a complaint about it.  However, some things should stay in the past and I will not do anything similar in the future. My apologies to anyone offended by my actions. I will fix the profile, but the ban will not be lifted.

Thank you. I'm not questioning the ban. My posts are clear. I have mentioned more than once that it is a justified ban. It's not a decision you made by yourself either. So your remark about 'ban lift' is completely unnecessary. This has nothing to do with the ban or actually even pr126.

I'm guessing what Kimmie did was putting notes like 'proselytizing cunt', 'fucking something... sock puppet' or something like that into somewhere about the reason for ban. Yes, it is not nice. But again, it is not an excuse and no, it is not the same.

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Baruch

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 30, 2019, 11:43:15 AM
Thank you. I'm not questioning the ban. My posts are clear. I have mentioned more than once that it is a justified ban. It's not a decision you made by yourself either. So your remark about 'ban lift' is completely unnecessary. This has nothing to do with the ban or actually even pr126.

I'm guessing what Kimmie did was putting notes like 'proselytizing cunt', 'fucking something... sock puppet' or something like that into somewhere about the reason for ban. Yes, it is not nice. But again, it is not an excuse and no, it is not the same.

I was concerned with the implicit tie in with illegal behavior (pedophilia) ... we have to be careful having any link like that, particularly a real one, what can be picked up by the web spiders and fed to the authorities.  The mock tie in with communism is ironic, but not illegal at least in the US.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

drunkenshoe

Quote from: Baruch on April 30, 2019, 11:56:26 AM
I was concerned with the implicit tie in with illegal behavior (pedophilia) ... we have to be careful having any link like that, particularly a real one, what can be picked up by the web spiders and fed to the authorities.

Yeah, possible. You could easily sue for something like that in where I live and get a good result. 

QuoteThe mock tie in with communism is ironic, but not illegal at least in the US.

Let's say, not yet. :pp
"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on April 30, 2019, 11:43:15 AM
My posts are clear.

They usually aren't, actually.  You write whole college-format essays to make a singular point and whatever you are saying many times gets lost in the sea of words.

Just a heads up, but you might want to learn how to be more concise.

aitm

.....................and we're off......
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

drunkenshoe

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 30, 2019, 12:45:02 PM
They usually aren't, actually.  You write whole college-format essays to make a singular point and whatever you are saying many times gets lost in the sea of words.

Just a heads up, but you might want to learn how to be more concise.

Really? I wasn't aware. I certainly did not write any essays like this in the univ. That would be bad for me. On the contrary, I always try to use a simple, dumb English so I wouldn't make a mess. May be that is the problem. Can you give an example, what is not clear? It could help.

Is there anything in my posts that would suggest I demand a ban lift? No. That at least must be clear. On the contrary, I keep saying the person in question was repeatedly warned, but continued to do the same thing. And that it went on for a long time. In my first post, I quoted your post with "this is why he was banned". Not to mention the post I wrote to him in the thread he was banned. So yes, it is clear.

After all that, when Xenu says, 'but the ban won't be lifted' as an answer to me in this conversation for something he can't even decide by himself, that is fishing for another point, as if this whole thing has anything to do with pr's ban. It's not. Again, something I have already pointed out before.

Is this clear? Honest question, not being sarcastic.

PickelledEggs

I think this is my case and point

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

drunkenshoe

Quote from: aitm on April 30, 2019, 02:16:09 PM
.....................and we're off......

What now? I am a nice girl. I am using the broom.   

drunkenshoe

Don't you think it is normal that I have problems with the language? It's my second language and I haven't even stayed in an English spoken country more than a month. I'm bound to make tons of mistakes. You told me that my posts are not clear and I tried to make it clear, that is all. And it was honest. I wasn't being sarcastic.

_Xenu_

Shoezy, please move on like everyone else. You are fixated on the last half of a sentence of an apology I wrote while mostly ignoring the actual apology. I know you are not arguing against PRs ban and never were. Yes, it was wrong of me to mess with the profile. I will not do it again. But please, move on. It's over and done. You have made your point. For what it's worth though, your English is quite good. I don't think PE is telling you there's anything wrong with it, just suggesting a bit of brevity.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

drunkenshoe

Quote from: _Xenu_ on April 30, 2019, 02:54:34 PM
Shoezy, please move on like everyone else. You are fixated on the last half of a sentence of an apology I wrote while mostly ignoring the actual apology. I know you are not arguing against PRs ban and never were. Yes, it was wrong of me to mess with the profile. I will not do it again. But please, move on. It's over and done. You have made your point. For what it's worth though, your English is quite good. I don't think PE is telling you there's anything wrong with it, just suggesting a bit of brevity.

LOL, I have moved on. I just found that remark odd before and really thought that I was asked to make it clear afterwards, when Pickel said that and managed to get misunderstood in between. 

Minimalist

QuoteMy guess is because of his consistently posting outright false articles or at best heavily distorted pieces to justify legitimate bigotry.

Those would be good charges to impeach Trump!
The Christian church, in its attitude toward science, shows the mind of a more or less enlightened man of the Thirteenth Century. It no longer believes that the earth is flat, but it is still convinced that prayer can cure after medicine fails.

-- H. L. Mencken