News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Turn yourself into a tree!

Started by Alaric I, February 20, 2013, 01:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric I

The Bios Biodegradable Urn comes with a seed inside.  All your family has to do is plant the urn.  If everything goes right, you will start to grow a tree right from your ashes.  You even get to pick the type of tree you will be.  Seems like a cool idea.

http://www.martinazua.com/eng/eng/bios-urn/

Shiranu

I am assuming this is if you are cremated? Because the cremation process is very enviromentally damaging, kinda ruins the point.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

My favorite tree is the Ash because you can make shit out of it, like bows and bats. Ash out of ashes. Me likey.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Shiranu"I am assuming this is if you are cremated? Because the cremation process is very enviromentally damaging, kinda ruins the point.

It can be, but they found that Pine trees can absorb the gases released by the process.

stromboli

I want to be buried with high explosives in the desert so that i may spread myself across some acres and nurture plants. Or else that viking thingy in the Snake River in Idaho.

widdershins

I have my heart set on a funeral pyre.  Zero funeral expenses.  The family goes and gets me, tosses me on the back of a truck, takes me to the farm, tosses me on the pile, lights the fire and drinks some beer.  It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever that dying costs so damned much.  No hookers, no blackjack, nothing to justify the expense.
This sentence is a lie...

Alaric I

Quote from: "widdershins"I have my heart set on a funeral pyre.  Zero funeral expenses.  The family goes and gets me, tosses me on the back of a truck, takes me to the farm, tosses me on the pile, lights the fire and drinks some beer.  It doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever that dying costs so damned much.  No hookers, no blackjack, nothing to justify the expense.

I don't think that's legal though.  If they did do it, they could get charged with defacing human remains.

Mathias

I will donate my body to science, as the Klingons say, "is an empty shell".
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

WitchSabrina

I'll go with Monkey Puzzle tree
(Araucaria araucana)
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

Mathias

Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I'll go with Monkey Puzzle tree
(Araucaria araucana)

Intriguing, have some relationship with Witch(craft)Sabrina  ??? :)
"There is no logic in the existence of any god".
Myself.

Jmpty

I prefer the sky burial.
???  ??

WitchSabrina

Quote from: "Mathias"
Quote from: "WitchSabrina"I'll go with Monkey Puzzle tree
(Araucaria araucana)

Intriguing, have some relationship with Witch(craft)Sabrina  ??? :)

duh ! :rollin:
I am currently experiencing life at several WTFs per hour.

BlackL1ght

I'll go with a tree. If not that, I don't give a fuck, cause I'll be dead.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

Wheatthins

Quote from: "Alaric I"I don't think that's legal though.  If they did do it, they could get charged with defacing human remains.
Not here it isn't.  (you have to live in the area though to be eligible to do it)
//http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/01/31/funeral-pyres-an-option-in-crestone/

I definitely wanna go out with a funeral pyre style cremation.  The idea of being shoved in an oven scares me, :cry:  too claustrophobic for my tastes. (yea yea, i know its stupid to care about that shit because your dead and all.  But what are you gonna do about it?  I'll already be dead :P )

As for the actual deed itself, I'm getting wrapped in a bear skin rug, having a pound of good hash sprinkled all over me and then have my body covered in morning glory and poinsettia flowers.  Use equal parts cherry, pomegranate, pine and cypress wood as kindling, and then throw in my bonsai to boot.  To top it all off, everyone attending must bring a bottle of ever clear, take a swig (Mormon family members in attendance can have my brother substitute for them on that) then dump the rest over me.  Someone then lights up a Cowboy Killer, takes one long drag, then flicks it in and sets the whole thing up.

Then half the ash and use it to go and plant me as a Pinus longaeva on some lonely desert mountain top.  Use the other half of the ash to grow a bonsai of the same and have them put here.
I don\'t see alot of good or evil in the world, mostly just confused people.

Alaric I

Quote from: "Wheatthins"
Quote from: "Alaric I"I don't think that's legal though.  If they did do it, they could get charged with defacing human remains.
Not here it isn't.  (you have to live in the area though to be eligible to do it)
//http://denver.cbslocal.com/2011/01/31/funeral-pyres-an-option-in-crestone/

That's awesome that it's legal!!(The link didn't work so I had to google to see places where it is legal. There are a few.

QuoteI definitely wanna go out with a funeral pyre style cremation.  The idea of being shoved in an oven scares me, :cry:  too claustrophobic for my tastes. (yea yea, i know its stupid to care about that shit because your dead and all.  But what are you gonna do about it?  I'll already be dead :P )

As for the actual deed itself, I'm getting wrapped in a bear skin rug, having a pound of good hash sprinkled all over me and then have my body covered in morning glory and poinsettia flowers.  Use equal parts cherry, pomegranate, pine and cypress wood as kindling, and then throw in my bonsai to boot.  To top it all off, everyone attending must bring a bottle of ever clear, take a swig (Mormon family members in attendance can have my brother substitute for them on that) then dump the rest over me.  Someone then lights up a Cowboy Killer, takes one long drag, then flicks it in and sets the whole thing up.

Then half the ash and use it to go and plant me as a Pinus longaeva on some lonely desert mountain top.  Use the other half of the ash to grow a bonsai of the same and have them put here.

Sweet!, I like the idea of being able to bring back life when I'm gone.