News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Post Funny Videos

Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

For years, I was jamming out to this song.  The simplicity plus the groove was so mesmerizing and it turns out it's just some toy piano preset with a little bit of extra work.

That'd be like me taking a Hardy Boys book, changing some of the names and situations around, but keeping like 80% of the plot intact and then hitting the New York Times bestseller list.

Unbeliever

I read a bunch of Hardy Boys books when I was a kid, but the only line I remember is some fat kid saying "Here I stand and here I'll die, but I'll not give up this hunk of pie." 🤠
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Shiranu

More just educational stuff, but I'll place it here since we don't have a "Post Informative Videos" thread.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Unbeliever

Didn't the Lemurian empire disappear because they all jumped into the ocean? 🤔
God Not Found

Blackleaf

"Oh, wearisome condition of humanity,
Born under one law, to another bound;
Vainly begot, and yet forbidden vanity,
Created sick, commanded to be sound."
--Fulke Greville--

Cassia

Malapropism is probably a lost comedic motif as people just don't have the vocabulary.

Shiranu

Quote from: Unbeliever on April 01, 2023, 11:48:59 AMDidn't the Lemurian empire disappear because they all jumped into the ocean? 🤔

Little known fact: it was more of a "ritualistic sacrifice to their God, who was actually a pre-Finnish spy who had infiltrated the deepest core of their society and demanded that they plunge themselves into the sea to be ritually purified".

Also, the 1 Christian argument that has ever convinced me.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Hydra009

Quote from: Shiranu on April 01, 2023, 02:54:09 AM
More just educational stuff, but I'll place it here since we don't have a "Post Informative Videos" thread.
Fun fact: at 0m31sec, you can see the cover of the Warhammer 40k book, Prospero Burns.

Shiranu

Crazy how good our scientists are, that we still know of the Empire all this time later.

drunkenshoe

"science is not about building a body of known 'facts'. ıt is a method for asking awkward questions and subjecting them to a reality-check, thus avoiding the human tendency to believe whatever makes us feel good." - tp

Unbeliever

God Not Found

Hydra009

I'm going to tell my kids that this is what the console wars were like:

NES sensei = benevolent teacher, rekindled the Way of the Wise Masters (Odyssey, Atari, Colecovision), took in many apprentices
SNES = sensei's son, not as brilliant but very skilled and community-driven
SEGA = upstart, quarrelsome but spurred innovation in himself and others
Playstation = literally Satan
XBOX = an unfeeling robot programmed to imitate the Way

Blackleaf

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 02, 2023, 09:48:21 PMI'm going to tell my kids that this is what the console wars were like:

NES sensei = benevolent teacher, rekindled the Way of the Wise Masters (Odyssey, Atari, Colecovision), took in many apprentices
SNES = sensei's son, not as brilliant but very skilled and community-driven
SEGA = upstart, quarrelsome but spurred innovation in himself and others
Playstation = literally Satan
XBOX = an unfeeling robot programmed to imitate the Way

PlayStation is a monster unintentionally created by both Nintendo and SEGA. If my memory serves, Sony approached Nintendo with their CD-based technology and Nintendo said, "No thanks. We'll stick to cartridge-based technology." That's how Nintendo lost Final Fantasy, because the games they wanted to make weren't possible on cartridge. Unless I'm mistaken, SEGA also snubbed Sony. I think Sony went to SEGA, SEGA said no, and then they turned around and made the SEGA CD attachment for the Genesis. They made it personal.
--Fulke Greville--

Blackleaf

--Fulke Greville--

Hydra009

So the gang trekked through a zombie-filled hellscape to the (relative) safety of a facility with a lot of armed guards.  Like A LOT a lot.  The facility is run by an organization named WICKED, led by friggin' Littlefinger, and every now and then, they choose some kids who get taken away and the gang never sees them again.  Nothing suspicious here.