Started by wolf39us, February 20, 2013, 01:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbeliever

Great, now I don't have to go spend money to see the movie! 👍
👏
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 10, 2023, 12:02:46 PMGreat, now I don't have to go spend money to see the movie! 👍
👏
The title should have done that for you.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Unbeliever

God Not Found

the_antithesis

"Your ass is the least of your problems!"

Hydra009

Coulda Ben Worse

Hydra009

https://i.imgur.com/jPgcIpE.mp4

Oh man, I'd love to be in the room as these "alternative facts" idjits learn about John Brown!

Unbeliever

I've heard of Harriet Tubman, she invented the bathtub. 🤔
God Not Found

Hydra009

the_antithesis

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2023, 12:25:42 AMI've heard of Harriet Tubman, she invented the bathtub. 🤔

So she's not tubgirl?

Mike Cl

Quote from: Unbeliever on March 15, 2023, 12:25:42 AMI've heard of Harriet Tubman, she invented the bathtub. 🤔
People often get that wrong.  Tubwoman invented the bathtub.  Tubman invented the shower.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Hydra009

the_antithesis

I have decided that I really hate the tickytock editing style. The cuts are so fast and so short that it's disorientating. I am reminded of old home movies went my parents were kids at the amusement park and they went on one of those rides that just goes around and grandpa filmed them. Except, he only filmed went they were on his side and he'd stop when they went around the curve and then started again when they came back around. It was nauseating.

Tickytock shouldn't be popular. It should be nauseating. Because it is.

Hydra009

Yeah, well, sometimes you just need a ~1 min gag for some forum to get a laugh at.  Something simple (but not too simple) and relatable but not overdone.  Tight window!  TikTok is horrible, but the concept of super short comedy clips is solid.  Tons of demand.

Basically, there are 4 types of videos on the internet:
1) yarn stuff that's literally 4 seconds long and basically just gifs with sound
2) TikTok/Shorts stuff roughly 1min long.  Yeah, it cuts a lot out for brevity's sake but
3) 5-20 min short(ish) videos where something is briefly explained.  Don't forget to like and subscribe!
4) 1-3 hour videos - often fantastic but really takes a HUGE time commitment!

Hydra009