News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stressed about conception

Started by TheGamingAtheist, July 06, 2014, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

Quote from: wolf39us on July 07, 2014, 10:44:26 PM
You wouldn't be performing abortions with that thing!

I saw a guy do a painting with a floor mop, so you never know! Lmao

Sent from your mom

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Mermaid on July 07, 2014, 08:02:03 AM
I think a lot of people are under the impression that conceiving is easy and should happen really fast, and then when it doesn't, it's anxiety-inducing. I think what you are experiencing is pretty normal.
So deep breaths, doctor visits first and foremost.
Thank you and most definitely

Shol'va

May I ask ... are you confident you two are ready? Are you ready to give up a serious chunk of your gaming?

Jason78

Quote from: TheGamingAtheist on July 06, 2014, 08:31:59 PM
Typically I'm a goof on here...since I joined and That's less than a week but I'm a talker and I am sort of freaking the fuck out and I need advice!  Don't do your trolling business here people! :)

For the past,  I'd say 6 months or so, I have stopped birth control entirely. Quit the pill after only taking it for a month and we haven't used protection since last year. We've actually been TRYING to get pregnant, me of course, not him...but you get it. I have an ovulation calculator and use pink pad and other period trackers (tmi,  shut it up I get it!) But yet still No baby. This time I thought for sure I was pregnant because I've been having morning and night sickness. I've been throwing up, nauseous often, certain smells make me want to vomit and all sorts of weird ass shit that made me automatically assume baby time, not flu time...but, these symptoms are still here after a month of dealing with them. I've been to the doctor and I was told that I shouldn't have any issues conceiving but If that's the case then why isn't there a baby in this belly?  Anyways, I've been having major anxiety about it. I've cried myself to sleep for the past three days and my fiance has been trying to be there for me but every time a baby commercial comes on he just rubs my belly and says "I'll have a baby in there soon!" And things like that. He's very supportive so That's a plus but I just seriously need advice on how to not feel like a complete failure! 

You've barely even started.   Give it a few years first.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Hopefully you already know this, but oral sex won't get you pregnant unless you're like really really really talented.. In which case we definitely want to see the videos.. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Shol'va on July 08, 2014, 04:23:25 PM
May I ask ... are you confident you two are ready? Are you ready to give up a serious chunk of your gaming?
Asking this question isn't going to result in a positive conversation.  I say this because if we weren't ready, we wouldn't be trying. I didn't ask to come on here and have others question ME if I am ready when clearly I feel that we are.  I have no one to answer to. I am simply asking for advice on the situation,  not advice as to WHEN I should have a child.

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Shol'va on July 08, 2014, 04:23:25 PM
Also, just to add to this...being a gamer doesn't come before being a mother. Being a mom is my top and first priority. Gaming will always be there when I want it. I'd rather have a baby to take care of and spend time with.

AllPurposeAtheist

As long as you're mature enough and capable of loving a child for a lifetime you're ready.. Don't worry about that.. I'd suggest 46 years old. Of course I say that from the perspective of a grandfather of more than a few kids..

AllPurposeAtheist

TGA.. I joke a lot, but I wish you both plenty of luck with it and many years of happiness as parents.
Now that my kids are grown they were the best thing that ever happened in my life, bar none.

Wait..there was this one Navajo girl I meet.. That was great too.. To my knowledge though we had no kids..

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 09, 2014, 04:21:31 AM
As long as you're mature enough and capable of loving a child for a lifetime you're ready.. Don't worry about that.. I'd suggest 46 years old. Of course I say that from the perspective of a grandfather of more than a few kids..
Lol you're funny. I'm 22 and we live a very comfortable lifestyle. Money is never an issue and we love each other . In my honest opinion, no one is ever ready for parenting. No matter how much experience you have, no matter how much money u have or how long you study to prepare yourself...every child is different, every birth is different, every life is different. I do know I'll do my best for my child and raise them to the best of my abilities and beyond. I'm just hoping that my doctor is right and that I can conceive. I have made a dr appt with a new gyno to get more tests ran that I didn't even know could've been done so hopefully this doctor can give me answers to relax my mind. Cervical, ovarian and uterine cancer run in my family...also another reason I'm worried about conception.

Just a side note though, I wasn't trying to be a bitch towards anyone. I just do not appreciate someone asking me if I am ready to be a parent when CLEARLY I am concerned about the possibilities of not being able to conceive and so forth. I just found that to be a bit out of line. That isn't a question for a total stranger to ask.

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 09, 2014, 04:29:27 AM
TGA.. I joke a lot, but I wish you both plenty of luck with it and many years of happiness as parents.
Now that my kids are grown they were the best thing that ever happened in my life, bar none.
Lol I've noticed: ) I appreciate the laughs.

AllPurposeAtheist

Money helps, but it's hardly the most important element to raising kids.  I raised mine without much and we went through hard times, but my kids turned out just fine, both perfectly respectable adults. The most important thing you're ever going to be able to give your kids is your time and love. My kids thought we were rich.. HA!

PickelledEggs

Pshh. My friend and his girlfriend had a baby. both serious gamers. They both still play video games a lot.

Unlike my friends who, I think had a baby by accident, TGA is actually trying to have a baby. I think they both took everything like that in to consideration.

AllPurposeAtheist

Suggestion.. Just wait about 20 years and have grandkids instead and when you get tired of the screaming and crying you can send them home to... Oh wait..  Well it sure as hell sounds good in theory, huh?

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on July 09, 2014, 09:49:04 AM
Pshh. My friend and his girlfriend had a baby. both serious gamers. They both still play video games a lot.

Unlike my friends who, I think had a baby by accident, TGA is actually trying to have a baby. I think they both took everything like that in to consideration.
Lol well thank you.