News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Stressed about conception

Started by TheGamingAtheist, July 06, 2014, 08:31:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGamingAtheist

I've been ignoring this post in hopes that it will disappear simply because I'm tired of the drama . So,  I'm no longer getting involved. I'm not ignoring the last two posters but I am done with this thread entirely.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 10, 2014, 04:36:22 AM
The fuck.. What a bunch of sanctimonious pricks. And you wonder why more people don't stick around here. TGA owes nobody an explanation as to why she wants children and some of you act all fucking butt hurt because she doesn't like your sanctimonious 3rd degree bullshit.
I don't know what is going on because I didn't read where the thread went south but I'm going with APA on this one, because it's usually the case.

Sent from your mom

frosty

AllPurposeAtheist is right though. I never took offense when she replied to me and told me that she would rather seek the advice of a female. That's her preference. I even joked a bit about it after.

This person does not want to continue to be talked to like this. Nobody does. This is all an issue of perception, people chose to get offended at what she said and it was for nothing. People come here for a safe haven, not be piled on in a group dynamic. I have met real nasty, stupid bitches before, and whatever attitude they gave me, I gave it right back with 10 times the force. But that's not the case here. I'm sure if she actually wanted to be nasty she could have said a lot worse than what she actually said.

What I also find astonishing is how the admins seem unable or unwilling to keep this under control. I repeat; nobody likes being piled on in a group dynamic. People come here to be around like minded, rational people. If this, too, is off limits, how do you think they are going to take that?

frosty

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 11, 2014, 03:27:11 AM
Yeah, and when that happens I am very quick to jump on that. This is not one of them.

This thread started to make a turn when op got back to a very simple conversational question Shol'va asked in very normal way. Still I thought, she may be reactive and may be sensitive about it...etc. Then it went on to 'develop' from there.

If a male poster came here and posted a thread of the sort in the General Discussion -first it would be moved and first post he would get, 'this should be in the personal section, can't you read?'- then if he started to get;

-'stop questioning me',
-get whiny about any opinions offered,
-telling people their opinion doesn't matter because of their decisions,
-and their gender, meaning who they are,
-said that you came to my thread

people would jump on him like nobody's business; the style would be much less desired. First thing he would get mocked about that he doesn't know how internet or public forums used. Second would be him tying this to atheism. (?) And naturally when would give an aggressive reaction, or 'you are being bad to me' nobody would pause and think 'oh that's normal, 'people are piling on him, obviously he didn't come here to talk like minded (!) people for that and people chose to get offended, lets get sensible'.

Double standards. Bullshit. It's bad for you.

Well then, that sounds awfully familiar, doesn't it? This person has even apologized repeatedly for something that she never should have apologized for in the first place. I simply don't understand what is wrong with people here. There are a few people sitting on the fence that don't have the balls to say what they want to say, but I'm going to say it: Stop. People seem to have a perceptual bias that just because somebody doesn't like what they say, they are offensive or toxic in some manner. This person came to a forum asking for advice for something she thought she could confide in us about. Saying "Sorry, I'd rather seek advice from somebody else" does not translate into "I hate you" in any language on the face of the planet.

You see, people can either apologize and withdraw, like she did, or they can give it right back, like I do. This is unacceptable. I have no authority on this forum but I just don't understand why this had to happen. What else can I say?

And no, it's not about "double standards" for me you asshole. It's about me being sick and tired of seeing this disgusting, despicable behaviour everywhere I go; seeing people bullied in a group dynamic; and people laughing about it. If you don't like that then then you can go fuck yourself with a rusty dildo.

Shol'va

frosty, sure, one could say "sorry, id rather seek advice somewhere else", OR somebody could simply say "thank you for chiming in", or better yet, not say anything at all. By saying the first is saying "sorry but I'm not paying any attention to what you just said". It doesn't translate into I hate you, it just communicates a complete and thorough dismissal.

Again, if one is confident in their own choice, one does not get defensive about it.

DunkleSeele

*Mod hat on*
OK, given that the OP has declared she'll stay away from this thread, it's clear it has run its course. Locked.