News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ubuntu on Nexus 7

Started by BlackL1ght, February 22, 2013, 12:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackL1ght

Have any of you heard of this? More importantly, have any of you used it? If so, what are your impressions?

From what I've seen, it's stable and fully supported by the Ubuntu team, so I'm thinking I might get it on my Nexus. Of course, I'm wondering what it will do to the: Battery life, processing capability, general seamlessness of performance.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

SvZurich

I was debating on putting this on either my N7 or N10 tablets.  Being an alpha state, I'll wait a bit.  Supposedly it can dual boot, but I have under 2GB free on the N7 (the 16gb was the high end when I bought).  On the N10, I just finished reloading things last month after its reset, and I ain't about to mess with it now that it's properly set up and working great.
Kimberly (HSBUH) aka Baroness Sylvia endorses the Meadow Party's Bill N' Opus for the 2024 Presidential election! Or a Sanders/Warren ticket.

BlackL1ght

Makes sense. If you do install it, let me know. I might install it just so I can program on this thing.
Vi veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

pr126

If the installation doesn't work or not suitable, it is quite easy to restore it to stock.
There are several ways.

[youtube:273h5g78]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uMdtjUh6Co[/youtube:273h5g78]