News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

muhammad was a pedophile?

Started by robert04330, July 04, 2014, 02:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert04330

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 04, 2014, 05:22:32 PM
My grandparents were married at 13. They stayed married till my grandfather died in his 70s. My grandmother died a few short years later.

Awe..
I HAVE CANDY

the_antithesis

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 04:37:04 PM
wow.. can anyone on this forum ancer a fucking question?

or is this just a meme forum?

You want us to cancer a question?

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 04, 2014, 05:27:28 PM
You want us to cancer a question?
Smokin' question, take a lung at it.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Pretty obvious my grandfather was a prophet, huh?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Robert, stop persecuting rude people.

robert04330

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on July 04, 2014, 05:32:13 PM
Pretty obvious my grandfather was a prophet, huh?
yeah.. we need to start putting up shrines of his likeness and invading other countries in his name.

Is he waiting at the bottom of a well?
I HAVE CANDY

Aroura33

So I am not defending Mohamad here, but technically a pedophile is someone who wants to have sex with prepubescent children. I believe it is mentioned that Aisha first bled at age 9, and in most ancient cultures, puberty means fair game. If I am mistaken and she was still pre-pubescent, then yes he is totally a pedophile.

Even in modern times, the age of consent varies wildly from country to country. I personally don't think any 9 year old is ready to have sex, because mental maturity is not equal to sexual maturity. I had my first period at age 10, but wasn't in any way ready sex.

There is a problem with ALL religions using ancient traditions as excuses for their current behavior, when those behaviors have become otherwise unacceptable in modern societies. They perpetuate behaviors that have proven to be unhealthy or just flat out wrong.

I don't expect islam to change its stance on younge marraige though, they don't have the outside social pressures to change the!Christians in the west do, and even with those pressures Christians often refuse to change, even when the laws do. Dogmatic to the end.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

Nam

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 02:51:34 PM
muhammad was a pedophile?

I keep hearing this from people.

I don't believe in muhammad or anyone else but i want to know why i keep hearing this.

Is Mohammad a god, or something? And, if you don't believe in him why does it matter if he were a pedophile, or not? I think it wouldn't.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Gawdzilla Sama

The problem is they are still doing this, as noted above. It's not the 8th C. any more. Except for some folks, of course, who think they're exempt because their imaginary friend says its okay.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

robert04330

Quote from: Nam on July 04, 2014, 05:41:20 PM
Is Mohammad a god, or something? And, if you don't believe in him why does it matter if he were a pedophile, or not? I think it wouldn't.

-Nam

I try to understand what others believe to be true..
Just because i don't believe to be true don't mean that gives me the right to be igerent on the subject altogether.
I try to know and understand the beliefs of others even if i don't believe to be true myself.   
I HAVE CANDY

Nam

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 05:18:20 PM
My ex is 21 and has a 8 year old kid.

So, having a kid at 13 is a good thing...?

Either way: you really are an idiot.

-Nam

Aroura33

I just watched this documentary called "Are all Men Pedophiles?". It goes over how western society has raised age of consent because of school, but that people still become sexually active during puberty, ages 11 to 16. We view adults who find these post pubescent teens sexual as pedophiles, the same as we would view someone who views a 5 year old as sexual, but the fact is, they are not the same.

I know I am going slightly off topic here, but it is related. This fear of all men being potential pedophiles, and the unfair and untrue double stsndard that female pedophiles do not exist, has done and is continuing to harm western society.

Male grade school teachers are almost nonexistent, men are afraid to hug their own kids in public, and it is destroying male-child bonding, which is very important to healthy child development.

Was Mohamad a pedophile? Maybe. Is the 30 year old guy who finds the 15 year old high school girl who has breasts and hips and all the things that trigger natural desire in a man, and finds her sexy a pedophile? Absolutely not! Should he actually have sex with her? Well, that is more debatable, and I would say varies depending on mental maturity, societal acceptance, and other factors.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

AllPurposeAtheist

Go to work for Hobby Lobby. They'll probably approve a marriage with a 9year old and take it to the highest court in the land they probably don't recognize as being legitimate except when they rule in their favor.

robert04330

Quote from: Nam on July 04, 2014, 05:48:30 PM
So, having a kid at 13 is a good thing...?

Either way: you really are an idiot.

-Nam

She wanted a kid at 13 so it was right for her.
Morality is subjective.
I HAVE CANDY

Nam

Quote from: robert04330 on July 04, 2014, 05:52:21 PM
She wanted a kid at 13 so it was right for her.
Morality is subjective.

Y.O.U. A.R.E. A.N. I.D.I.O.T.

LEARN IT, LOVE IT, LIVE IT.

-Nam