News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Serious Question!

Started by bamaboydylan, June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM
I believe in God and creation. I understand that atheist do not. There is no way for me to prove that God exist. A belief is just a choice. I choose to believe in it. Why do atheist choose to believe there isn't a God?

What's a god?

Poison Tree

Time to vote: poe or true believer
Bonus points will be giving for guessing his age.

I'm guessing 30 months.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Poison Tree on June 29, 2014, 01:11:56 PM
Time to vote: poe or true believer
Bonus points will be giving for guessing his age.

I'm guessing 30 months.

I think this guy actually believes what he telling us.

As for his age... IDFK. Even old farts go toddler-mode when you point out the flaws and inconsistoncies of their religion

the_antithesis

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:19:11 AM
So you don't know why the universe decided to make itself?

Yet here we are today.

I have a simple lab project for you. Take a watch and smash it into as many pieces as you can. Take those pieces and put them into a bag. Shake that bag for the rest of your life and tell me how many times that watch puts itself back together.

You.

Are.

Fucking.

Stupid.

Go away.

stromboli

What is this "universe decided to make itself" shit? Like the universe decided to put a dress on and walk onstage? does a tree decide to germinate?

I'm guessing 20 or so. Apparently they are no longer teaching science in the bible belt.

bamaboydylan

Alright, since you guys keep claiming to have all these facts (btw I apologize if you guys got offended by me coming to your site and saying these things, but I believe in spreading my beliefs) I am going to start sharing what I believe are facts. I wasn't going to do this, because I didn't want to come across as a Bible thumper but just answer questions for me? Why would an entire nation of people (God's chosen people) document their history including the God that I serve and, upon his answer to their question of him being the son of God, kill him and then document it? Key word here is "document".

In other words, why would they document something that shed a bad light on their whole nation? If you're going to create a myth why not make yourselves look good?

bamaboydylan

Quote from: the_antithesis on June 29, 2014, 01:27:39 PM
You.

Are.

Fucking.

Stupid.

Go away.

Thanks for explaining evolution.

bamaboydylan

Quote from: stromboli on June 29, 2014, 01:28:13 PM
What is this "universe decided to make itself" shit? Like the universe decided to put a dress on and walk onstage? does a tree decide to germinate?

I'm guessing 20 or so. Apparently they are no longer teaching science in the bible belt.

My belief simply states that trees germinate because that's the way God created them. See in my faith everything has an easy and simple explanation.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:38:32 PM
Darwin explains it in the full version of what you misquoted. Read that.

Gradual steps. It's not hard to understand, not nearly as hard as trying to understand how someone can base their entire truth of life on a speculation.

Sent from your mom

the_antithesis

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:38:32 PM

I'm not explaining evolution. I do not care if you understand evolution. I'm just pointing out that you are an ignorant, stupid twat and should shut the fuck up and go away.

Go live your failed and useless life somewhere else.

aitm

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:36:23 PM
Why would an entire nation of people (God's chosen people) document their history i

That is really stupid. Why is it stoopid? Because the entire fucking nation did not document their history moron. A couple maybe three wannabees wrote massive piece of bullshit that has never been proven and you bought the whole pile of crap. Really? How many tens of thousands of lives would have been effected if the Pharoahs army was actually killed in the river? But not ONE mother fucking Egyptian even mentioned it. Why? You're an idiot.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Aroura33

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
My belief simply states that trees germinate because that's the way God created them. See in my faith everything has an easy and simple explanation.
Yes, but not a correct one.
If you want easy and simple, then yeah, religion is for you!  But if you want facts, you might have to actually learn some critical thinking skills.  It does require a bit of work for you, to actaully learn the hard things instead of just accepting the easy to understand ones.  But it benefits you and everyone when you do.

And 10's of thousands of Christians understand science AND accept both the big bang theory AND evolution, and still retain their beliefs.  So don't be afraid to actually learn them.  It's isn't like you have to pick one or the other, tons of people are able to do both.

Also, belief is NOT a choice. It is a culmative unavoidable conclusion reached based on many factors like exposure to certain information, critical thinking skills learned, etc.
If you think it is a choice, then I dare you even for 1 second to chose to stop believing in God.  Just for one second.  Go ahead, I'll wait. Tell me how that "choice" is working out for you.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

aitm

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:40:36 PM
See in my faith everything has an easy and simple explanation.

ie....one doesn't need readin riting an ritmatic..in my faith one don't need no smarts or stuff like that, we be stoopid cause god does everything so dere......

:eyes:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 01:36:23 PM
Alright, since you guys keep claiming to have all these facts (btw I apologize if you guys got offended by me coming to your site and saying these things, but I believe in spreading my beliefs) I am going to start sharing what I believe are facts. I wasn't going to do this, because I didn't want to come across as a Bible thumper but just answer questions for me? Why would an entire nation of people (God's chosen people) document their history including the God that I serve and, upon his answer to their question of him being the son of God, kill him and then document it? Key word here is "document".

In other words, why would they document something that shed a bad light on their whole nation? If you're going to create a myth why not make yourselves look good?
Which nation of god? Every country says that they are god's nation. Shit. in the United States Civil War, two sides of the same country thought they had god on their side. If two sides of a war has god on their side, who wins?

The answer is: the one with the more powerful and strategic army. Winning a war has nothing to do with Yahweh, because he doesn't exist.

BTW, you keep saying you're not a bible thumper, but keep attempting to prove us wrong... which is another way of bible thumping. Evidence of what you believe or GTFO. Its as simple as that. I'm only lurking this thread from now on or until you can provide some valid evidence of what you're trying to convince us.

bamaboydylan

Darwin said a bunch of scientific things that sound cool and make him look very intelligent. This doesn't make it a fact though. It's just a theory, and theories aren't facts. So what you are saying is that you have faith in a man's opinion. You believe his opinion over a simple explanation for everything. The Bible says that darkness can't comprehend light. The human brain has nothing to do with any of this. There are just as many brilliant Christians as their are evolutionist so why do some choose to believe creation and not this obvious "fact" called evolution?

Let's just take one man here. Paul was put in prison for speaking and preaching the name of God, who you believe is made up.

Paul wrote 13 epistles while he was in prison facing death, just to create something that in his own mind was a myth? Why did he devote his life to spreading a pointless myth, when at the end of the day he was just going to be killed?

I'm talking about the origin of the story here guys. The man that wrote the epistles.  I'm not talking about the people who follow this so called myth today, I'm talking about the men (Paul, Matthew, Mark) who were told stories from eye witnesses who died for this so called myth. Millions of people have been killed for this so called myth.