News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Serious Question!

Started by bamaboydylan, June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamaboydylan

Also why did the universe decide to explode into existence?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:12:50 AM
Why is it that atheist always bash Christians for Bible thumping and throwing our beliefs on you and yet in reality that's what you are doing. I am just asking simple questions that you are refusing to answer.
Because you can't back up your claim and we can.

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:15:03 AM
Also why did the universe decide to explode into existence?
We don't know yet. We also don't claim we do. And we're fine with it as long as we try to find out

Sent from your mom

bamaboydylan

You still haven't backed up your claim? Where is the evidence that backs it up?

bamaboydylan

So you don't know why the universe decided to make itself?

Yet here we are today.

I have a simple lab project for you. Take a watch and smash it into as many pieces as you can. Take those pieces and put them into a bag. Shake that bag for the rest of your life and tell me how many times that watch puts itself back together.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:16:22 AM
You still haven't backed up your claim? Where is the evidence that backs it up?

Here is some evidence. Do you know why you need to finish the entire bottle of antibiotics when you're sick? Because if you don't, the bacteria evolves to a newer, more immune kind of bacteria and you stay sick longer. Happy? There is some evidence. If you want some more do some research on your own. I'm not a science teacher for the 7 year old level and I don't have the patience of one.

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:19:11 AM
So you don't know why the universe decided to make itself?

Yet here we are today.

I have a simple lab project for you. Take a watch and smash it into as many pieces as you can. Take those pieces and put them into a bag. Shake that bag for the rest of your life and tell me how many times that watch puts itself back together.

What a shitty rendition of the Boeing 747 argument... I've heard that argument before and evolution isn't anything like that.

Sent from your mom

bamaboydylan

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2014, 04:15:56 AM
We don't know yet. We also don't claim we do. And we're fine with it as long as we try to find out

Sent from your mom

This just proves all I'm trying to say. Evolution requires just as much faith as Creation does. We are all the same. We all choose to believe in something that can't really be proven.  And for your example of evolution, yes that is a fact but that doesn't prove that a giant explosion created the universe. The Bible has an explanation for everything just as evolution does. The Bibles explanation is that sickness and disease are a result of Adam and Eve's sin. The Bible says the wages of sin is death. So if the Bible is true than that explains why we get viruses and why our bodies are constantly dying without the aid of medicine. Because of our sin nature we die. That's what my belief says. Evolution says something different. Both have different explanations for everything. Just keep in mind that you have to have just as much faith as I do, but I get to look forward to something.

bamaboydylan

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 29, 2014, 04:22:55 AM
What a shitty rendition of the Boeing 747 argument... I've heard that argument before and evolution isn't anything like that.

Sent from your mom

Well obviously it's a lot more complex, but it's the general idea. If there's not a God controlling this universe then I want to know what is. I could buy all the survival of the fittest stuff, but the universe doesn't have a brain. The universe is an inanimate object. How can it make decisions? How does it know it keep the earth at the perfect distance from the sun to give us life? Why hasn't there been any more random explosions? Why are milk duds so good? Why does a God that doesn't exist live rent free in the minds of a whole group of people that are determined to prove that he doesn't exist.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:29:30 AM
This just proves all I'm trying to say. Evolution requires just as much faith as Creation does. We are all the same. We all choose to believe in something that can't really be proven.  And for your example of evolution, yes that is a fact but that doesn't prove that a giant explosion created the universe. The Bible has an explanation for everything just as evolution does. The Bibles explanation is that sickness and disease are a result of Adam and Eve's sin. The Bible says the wages of sin is death. So if the Bible is true than that explains why we get viruses and why our bodies are constantly dying without the aid of medicine. Because of our sin nature we die. That's what my believe says. Evolution says something different. Both have different explanations for everything. Just keep in mind that you have to have just as much faith as I do, but I get to look forward to something.
Evolution is a separate thing than the big bang.  It has to do with life-forms.

according to the bible, no one should wash their hands before they eat because Jesus said not to at the last supper. And every one would be sick like in the middle ages.

The bible is fiction and doesn't offer an actual explanation for anything. It's superstition and nonsense.

-insert coin to try again-
-running out of credits-

Sent from your mom

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:34:46 AM
Well obviously it's a lot more complex, but it's the general idea. If there's not a God controlling this universe then I want to know what is. I could buy all the survival of the fittest stuff, but the universe doesn't have a brain. The universe is an inanimate object. How can it make decisions? How does it know it keep the earth at the perfect distance from the sun to give us life? Why hasn't there been any more random explosions? Why are milk duds so good? Why does a God that doesn't exist live rent free in the minds of a whole group of people that are determined to prove that he doesn't exist.
Those are a lot of speculations.

Sent from your mom

bamaboydylan

The Bible is fiction just because you think so?

I'm not even saying that one or the other is real, I'm just trying to get you to realize that you have no facts.

You are simply having faith in a theory just as I am. I don't know why that is so hard to admit. I'll admit it all day long.

I simply have faith in a theory.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 04:41:59 AM
The Bible is fiction just because you think so?

I'm not even saying that one or the other is real, I'm just trying to get you to realize that you have no facts.

You are simply having faith in a theory just as I am. I don't know why that is so hard to admit. I'll admit it all day long.

I simply have faith in a theory.

1: you don't understand what a theory is.

2: creationism is not a theory. it is not even a hypothesis.

Sent from your mom

bamaboydylan

I just don't want you guys to have the wrong idea about Christians. I know a lot of the time we do throw things in people's faces.

We don't have any more proof than anyone else. We have a book that God claims to have written. We have to choose to believe it or not. To me it's about having something to believe in. God has given me something positive to believe in and if you really think about it, it is a whole lot easier and nerve calming to believe that there is a God up there that is in control of everything and if I just follow the Bible that I will have rewards some day. It may all boil down to nothing in the end but it's something to believe in man.

bamaboydylan

Dude you know what I mean. It's a possible explanation for the world's existence. Who cares the technical word for it is...you know what I mean. Also you just avoided everything in that post.