Main Menu

Serious Question!

Started by bamaboydylan, June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: PickelledEggs on June 30, 2014, 12:38:39 AM

Serious question though.

Does this dress make me look fat?
Serious answer. No. The dress is not what makes  you look fat.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

FinalSomnia

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on June 30, 2014, 05:05:47 AM
Serious question:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
Only if you accidentally the whole thing
Heaven is no more than a carrot on a string at the end of a tunnel; Hell is no more than a gunbarrel at the back of your head.  When we are good people for the sake of being good people, we\'ll have no further use for religion.

GrinningYMIR

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 29, 2014, 10:45:53 PM
Serious question. Will you give me all your money for the rest of your life?

God will wash away your Sin! And he'll let you into the golden gates of heaven!

But only if you GIVE ME YOUR MONEY!

Prostrate yourself before his holy image child of light, and GIVE ME YOUR MONEY

With your money I can guarantee your entry into the holy afterlife

So GIVE ME YOUR MONEY
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

AllPurposeAtheist

I'm going to assume nobody is entering my old sock lottery. YOU PEOPLE just don't know what you're missing. At least it's actually two MATCHING socks WITHOUT holes.
I might neglect many things in my life, but my feet and socks are not among them.
I am so utterly disappointed and disgusted with everyone for not entering my used sock lottery and just for that I'm not going to stop posting to this thread... EVER! YOU'VE been WARNED!

Oh yeah..my wittle feelings are hurt too.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

coryallen30

I've recently come to realize something belief is a choice. You are right. And non-belief is not.

Non-belief is a clean slate, belief is a delusion that you the human decide to participate it.

I have trouble classifying myself as an Atheist because even that, to me, suggests I made a decision somewhere. I didn't "become" an Atheist. Sort of like how I didn't "become" a man.

Belief in anything pollutes the mind. It is evil, because it is a lie. I don't believe in toasters, for example, I know toasters are real because I've used one, seen one, touched one and can prove toasters are real. You believe in God. The sentence ends there. It's unfair to ask non-believers why they don't believe. The burden of proof is on you, the believer. If I walked up to you and said, the boogeyman is under your bed, you look and the boogeyman isn't there, the burden of proof would be on me to prove the boogeyman is there. This, assuming I am convicted just enough about making you see what I see, or believe what I believe.

You don't have proof. Congratulations. You are willing to admit you don't know, but believe what you believe anyway because you choose to believe it. I guess it's sort of like how I will only drive an electric or hybrid vehicle whereas others drive gas guzzling SUVs. Personal choice? Blue v. red, chocolate v. vanilla?

Sadly, most Christians don't see it this way.

doorknob

I would hope that every thing we are saying would get through but I'm afraid our efforts are lost on the OP. When you are religious you will fight for your belief in it no matter how ridiculous your claims sound. You're determined to believe and for that there is no help.

As for me I am and ex christian and remember being just like him. I wasn't listening back then either I just kept parroting everything I was taught. I couldn't understand how empty and shallow my words really were. Now when I read a bible I feel like I'm reading it clearly now. The lie for what it is a big fat superstitious lie.

Unbeliever

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on June 29, 2014, 02:15:02 AM
Lack of evidence.

Because the notion of the Judeo/Christian/Islamic (Abrahamic) God does not make logical sense. The theistic God has certain necessary attributes (in order to be considered God at all) that are incompatible. There may concievably be non-theistic gods, but not if they are not logically possible. If it is not logically possible then it does not, in fact, exist.

Incompatible Properties Arguments - A Survey - Theodore Drange
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman