Anyone Remember The BBC Christianity Doc Posted?

Started by Shiranu, July 16, 2014, 08:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shiranu

So I know it was posted quite awhile, and I rather enjoyed it, but there was one bit in particular that I remember and would like to have on hand that talked about where the Adam and Eve story most likely originated (princes/kings kept gardens in Mesopotamia where they "communed with the gods" and only they and their priests were allowed into the garden. Most likely it was a mythology that was based on some priests that were exiled from a garden and grew into this grand tale).

The hostess was English, but I remember she had a Greek name. Pretty sure it was a BBC documentary, but I cant seem to find it anymore :\.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Shiranu

Found it, "BBC's: Bible's Buried Secrets".

Oddly enough, cant find it on youtube... wondering if it was a BBC removed reason or...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Shiranu

Nam

Quote from: Shiranu on July 16, 2014, 11:48:44 PM
That's the PBS/nova version,  no?

I looked up what you posted with "full". That's the only one I found. Is it that much different?

-Nam

Nam

Found it in chapters -- [edit] it doesn't work. They show them but they aren't playable.

Have you tried BBC's website?

-Nam

Shiranu

I am sure I can find one stream or another, but yeah I'll check the BBC site. I just find it weird that it is not on youtube anymore, since there are several other BBC docs that work perfectly fine.

That actually wasn't the intention when I first made this thread either, but having found it (then finding it's not on YT anymore) I wonder if the controversy it caused got it pulled...