News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Serious Question!

Started by bamaboydylan, June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamaboydylan

I believe in God and creation. I understand that atheist do not. There is no way for me to prove that God exist. A belief is just a choice. I choose to believe in it. Why do atheist choose to believe there isn't a God?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 02:12:34 AM
I believe in God and creation. I understand that atheist do not. There is no way for me to prove that God exist. A belief is just a choice. I choose to believe in it. Why do atheist choose to believe there isn't a God?
Lack of evidence.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

PickelledEggs

PickelledEggs

In fact. Let me bounce that question right back atcha'

Since there is zero evidence for any god, why do you choose to believe in one?

bamaboydylan

I like the fact that you asked that. Honestly, I choose to believe in God because of personal experiences and simply for hope.
Without God there is no afterlife and this life is pointless. I just don't personally believe that we would be here if there was no point.

stromboli

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 02:22:47 AM
I like the fact that you asked that. Honestly, I choose to believe in God because of personal experiences and simply for hope.
Without God there is no afterlife and this life is pointless. I just don't personally believe that we would be here if there was no point.

If this life is pointless then why don't you kill yourself?

PickelledEggs

Who says there needs to be a point?

BTW If you are going to bible thump, be ready to become this month's chew toy.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

StupidWiz

There is no afterlife, this is the only life we've got.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

bamaboydylan

Oh trust me, I'm not going to Bible thump. That's not what I'm here for. Stromboli, the reason I don't kill myself is because I believe that is a sin and I have no desire to be dead...I enjoy life. Wouldn't that be a better question to ask you atheist though?
Do you guys fear death?

PickelledEggs

Quote from: bamaboydylan on June 29, 2014, 02:33:15 AM
Oh trust me, I'm not going to Bible thump. That's not what I'm here for. Stromboli, the reason I don't kill myself is because I believe that is a sin and I have no desire to be dead...I enjoy life. Wouldn't that be a better question to ask you atheist though?
Do you guys fear death?
Are you asking if we fear dieing? or being dead?
Edit: No to both.

PickelledEggs

So why do you choose to believe in something you have no reason to believe?

Were you indoctrinated to believe it? or do you just enjoy self-delusion and willful ignorance and decided to brainwash yourself?

bamaboydylan

I had no reason to believe that the USA would advance to the round of 16, but I did. I was happy when they did too!

But seriously, why is what I believe in ignorant?

Hijiri Byakuren

If life is pointless without an afterlife, wouldn't the afterlife be pointless without an after-afterlife? And wouldn't that be pointless without an after-after-afterlife? And wouldn't that... etc.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

bamaboydylan

Sorry for the confusion, I completely understand what you are saying. Christians as well most other religious groups believe the "afterlife" is eternal. There are some exceptions and different varieties (some believe you just keep living as a different person or animal over and over again) but for the most part the "afterlife" is an eternal concept.