Should America support Israel?

Started by shortbusgangsta, June 28, 2014, 05:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

It should be noted I posted that comment before I saw the mod's comment. I am on a phone, not as quick as a PC.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 13, 2014, 01:03:11 PM
Really? Somebody makes a casual remark about nuking the region I live in, in the middle of a serious conversation and I am the one who forgot her prozac. Yeah right.
Except it's pretty clear Stromboli wasn't being serious. People are allowed to make non-serious remarks in a serious conversation to highlight a problem in the discussion. If you cannot recognize when this is happening, you need to exit the conversation.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Nam

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on July 13, 2014, 01:11:29 PM
Except it's pretty clear Stromboli wasn't being serious. People are allowed to make non-serious remarks in a serious conversation to highlight a problem in the discussion. If you cannot recognize when this is happening, you need to exit the conversation.

Serious or not that always seems to be the goto solution, and it's never helpful even if facetious.

-Nam

DunkleSeele

*Mod hat on*
As per drunkenshoe's request, I repost here her last messages in this topic.

Given that she won't be here to respond/defend herself in person, I formally ask you to refrain from commenting on her or her posts. Thank you very much.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 13, 2014, 05:24:24 AM
How much willfully stupid, ignorant AND hypocritical can you get in just one four lined post, stromboli? Also you Shiranu?

You take every news with a grain of salt, but you are sure 'how bad Israelis might be, they have reason for what they do'? And your idea of Israeli policy is shaped by what? Fucking American media reporting on an ally?

Do you even know what is happening right now? Isreal is hitting mosques and hospitals. And the proof they show is that they believe they should be hit, because they conceal rockets. But of of course we should believe in Israelis. They know what they do. Rest of the world should go fuck themselves. Because Americans think so.

Because all European news sources you can think of are just united with one aim of being anti-Israel just for kicks and giggles. Because Islam has a huge influence in Europe and on its media. Hey they are actually muslims, you know. They can make a fucking news up in a matter of days and change the world agenda just like that.

I live in the Middle East. My life, my family's and loved ones' lives or hundreds of millions of other people's lives are not something to be annihilated because you are annoyed you racist, jingoist worthless piece of shit. You get that? I don't want to have a conversation with you ever again.

Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 13, 2014, 05:55:45 AM
Save your bullshit. Your name was included because of your approval.

I talked about massive media manipulation going on in the US for decades and how the culture and opinions are shaped by that. I talked about policies. In your case, I clearly even pointed out that you are perfectly able to evaluate any other situation in a healthy way when you are not personally connected to it.

But you are right about something. It was a mistake to except from you or any of the Americans to get something beyond "LOL U R MURICAN', SO CLEARLY U HATEZ DA PALESTINES!" out of all this what I am saying when their country's policy and massive ignorance is criticised. Because that's the limit. That's the best one can get from this culture. So that is my foolishness and I am trying to remedy that right now the best way, trust me.

On the other hand, some American member writing to nuke the nations in the Middle East out of existence is a very casual normal thing.
Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 13, 2014, 01:03:11 PM
Really? Somebody makes a casual remark about nuking the region I live in, in the middle of a serious conversation and I am the one who forgot her prozac. Yeah right.

Go fuck yourselves, all of you.
Quote from: drunkenshoe on July 13, 2014, 01:21:59 PM
Sorry, I can't see any conversation here to carry a remark like that. If you write a detailed post on the subject and then delete it and mentioned this in that post in the middle of a thread like this, you need to know where that would go.

I will exit the conversation sweety, don't worry. You can all carry on on prozac peacefully.

Solitary

Religion and politics, the two great dividers of humanity.  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shiranu

Funny,  I am watching American news right now... And all I am hearing is Israel is tyranny,  Israel is murdering women and children,  Israel is in the wrong...
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2014, 04:07:53 PM
Funny,  I am watching American news right now... And all I am hearing is Israel is tyranny,  Israel is murdering women and children,  Israel is in the wrong...
Stereotypes aside, I get the impression from a probably unrepresentative circle of people I know that the American public is not pro Israel, but very divided.  Washington, is pro Israel I think, but Americans themselves aren't so ready to jump to defend.

Berati

The notion that "THE MEDIA" is 100% pro Israel and that the only reason any of us place a lot of the blame on the actions of Hamas and other islamic militants is because we have been brainwashed by "THE MEDIA"... is a big pile of steaming crap.
I'm sure there must be a name for this type of fallacy.

There is another thread going on concerning an anti jewish conspiracy theorist neighbor who makes the same claim (i.e. Jews control the media).

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

Nam

Quote from: SGOS on July 14, 2014, 04:43:52 PM
Stereotypes aside, I get the impression from a probably unrepresentative circle of people I know that the American public is not pro Israel, but very divided.  Washington, is pro Israel I think, but Americans themselves aren't so ready to jump to defend.

Christiansâ,,¢ are only pro-Israel because when the apocalypse comes they'll make Jesus kill them first. What I was taught as a kid by churches attended (but not as explicitly blunt as that).

-Nam

StupidWiz

Yeah, over here as well. What a shame...
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Shiranu

Quote from: SGOS on July 14, 2014, 04:43:52 PM

From my experience, that is true. To dumb it down...alot... American liberals tend to be very "Pro-Palestine" (I.e. - Israelis are all murderers, they have no right to exist!" and conservatives tend to be very "Pro-Israel" (I.E. - "Fuck them Arab folks! God gave them Jews dat land!").

There are of course ALOT of exceptions, but that seems to be the general trend in my experience, take from that what you will. Very few people seem to have any real grasp that there are no good or bad sides (well, at least no good... maybe both are bad) in the conflict... like all other American policies polarization is a huge issue.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Nam

Quote from: Shiranu on July 14, 2014, 09:30:12 PM
From my experience, that is true. To dumb it down...alot... American liberals tend to be very "Pro-Palestine" (I.e. - Israelis are all murderers, they have no right to exist!" and conservatives tend to be very "Pro-Israel" (I.E. - "Fuck them Arab folks! God gave them Jews dat land!").

There are of course ALOT of exceptions, but that seems to be the general trend in my experience, take from that what you will. Very few people seem to have any real grasp that there are no good or bad sides (well, at least no good... maybe both are bad) in the conflict... like all other American policies polarization is a huge issue.

If liberals were pro-Israel, Conservatives would be Pro-Palestine.

-Nam

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Nam on July 14, 2014, 10:13:58 PM
If liberals were pro-Israel, Conservatives would be Pro-Palestine.

-Nam

On principal Id disagree.
The conservative base is largely christian. The Palestinians are muslim. Muslims have in the past shown no qualms to covering up christian buildings with their own buildings. This would cause a great deal of trouble with the christards if some "historical" monument to jebus was destroyed by dem moosleems.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Nam

It's a joke, man. Everything Obama (a Democrat) is for they are against even if they initially was for it. If Democrats (meaning Obama since he leads them) said, "I'm going to attack Palestine." Republicans would be against it.

It's all a joke. The sad thing is Democrats may actually have a stand, and are vocal of it but Republicans would only be vocal of their opposition of it; whether they have the same standing, or not.

-Nam

Solitary

And you are proof as to why we hate ignorance. Have a nice day dodo. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.