News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why the Afterlife makes no sense

Started by MagetheEntertainer, June 28, 2014, 03:05:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geebob

Cheers for the link. Even if heaven did exist, I couldn't think of anything worse then spending eternity with a bunch of conceited and grovelling religitards!

ApostateLois

The idea that our eternity in the afterlife is determined by our few decades here on Earth is simply laughable. Who the hell would design a system like that? If your child steals candy, you might punish him once, but you don't punish him every day for the rest of his life based on one mistake he made when he was six. That's what hell is like. Heaven is, too, but you are instead being rewarded all the time for a few good things that you did--and in some cases, you only did them because you were scared of the consequences and not because you're morally superior to the people who don't have your same beliefs.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Solitary

Some people don't realize that dead is dead. Unless you are a born again Christian with his head up his ass. Who wants to live like that?   :borg: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

12Monkeys

When one part of your brain is destroyed you go deaf, when another dies you go blind, so when the entire brain dies how is it possible that we rise out of our bodies all faculties intact? That and there's no evidence for the afterlife.

Solitary

I was walking in the back yard and my body felt strange, and my vision got even stranger. I sat down on a swing and started breathing deeply because I new it was from lack of oxygen. As I sat there breathing deeply my vision started to go away until it didn't exist (Not go black, didn't exist.), then my hearing faded until it didn't exist. After awhile everything turned back to normal. In the emergency room the doctor after hearing what I said told me I had 20-30 seconds to live. It was my brain shutting off so my body could survive, along with what I call consciousness. What I had was a blood clot that went through my heart causing it to go unstable and blocking an artery in my brain (ischemic attack or small stroke), and causing multiple embolisms in my lungs. When it first was happening I went into a fight or flight response that unplugged the clot, and by breathing deeply I protected my heart. After that I felt nothing, no fear, terror, or panic attack, because those parts of my brain shut off. It was identical to having an altered state of consciousness from meditating. If my consciousness stopped, and my body had died, how could I be conscious again? It was para nirvana, like blowing out a candle.  :winkle: Solitary

Mary mandilin

I would say that if you are awful sinner for 80 years and you spent a hundred thousand suffering, that's more than a thousand years for every year you spend sinning , even in the most dreadful manner.   You might as well get a second chance , even if you were a serial killer.... after 100,000 years that is.

Solitary

Amazing! Such a smart ass like yourself and you don't even know how to spell a persons name from your bible. Or did you get it from thinking about your psychiatrist?

Dr. Mandilin Hudson, Psychiatrist

:rotflmao: Solitary

kilodelta

Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

doorknob

I love darkmater2525

I just think there's noting after this because there's no evidence that there is. Also when the body dies our consciousness dies. The only reason people report NDE is because that's the brains reaction to dieing and being revived. It's not a real experience it's just a creation of a dieing brain. That's just my opinion though.

Solitary

An opinion based on good evidence and good logic, in my opinion.  :winkle: Solitary

JohnD

I'm not taking any chances. I'm gonna live my life like an alcoholic, bar brawling drug induced godless whore. In the final minutes on my death bed, is when i'll ask god for forgiveness....... Just in case!
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: JohnD on July 19, 2014, 07:51:03 PM
I'm not taking any chances. I'm gonna live my life like an alcoholic, bar brawling drug induced godless whore. In the final minutes on my death bed, is when i'll ask god for forgiveness....... Just in case!

Istead of just your "final minutes" give yourself at least an hour.  Keep in mind that you also have to pray to Allah, Krisha, Thor, Zeus, Yahwey, Xenu, Gia, Hades, Posidon, Cthulu, Odin, Satan, Baal, Ra, Osiris, Set, Santa Claus, Jesus, The Virgin Mary, Kanye West, The Flying Spaghetti Monster,  Anubis, Atum, Superman, Thoth, Buddha,  Vishnu, Rama, Ah Muzen cab, The Living Tribunal, Cabrakan, Cizin, Hades, Loki, Chronos, The Hekatonkheires, and me (yes I am a god and I am the one TRUE God)

JohnD

Quote from: MagetheEntertainer on July 19, 2014, 11:40:14 PM
Istead of just your "final minutes" give yourself at least an hour.  Keep in mind that you also have to pray to Allah, Krisha, Thor, Zeus, Yahwey, Xenu, Gia, Hades, Posidon, Cthulu, Odin, Satan, Baal, Ra, Osiris, Set, Santa Claus, Jesus, The Virgin Mary, Kanye West, The Flying Spaghetti Monster,  Anubis, Atum, Superman, Thoth, Buddha,  Vishnu, Rama, Ah Muzen cab, The Living Tribunal, Cabrakan, Cizin, Hades, Loki, Chronos, The Hekatonkheires, and me (yes I am a god and I am the one TRUE God)

Awww c'mon, everybody knows there's no Santa Claus!!!
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Green Bottle

Quote from: JohnD on July 20, 2014, 04:55:18 AM
Awww c'mon, everybody knows there's no Santa Claus!!!

Blasphemer, the heavenly reindeer shall smite you down........ :surprised:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''