News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Case for Theism

Started by DrewM, June 27, 2014, 11:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: St Truth on October 01, 2017, 11:31:25 AMCan someone please report him to the moderators?
Someone already has.  Give it time.

St Truth

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 01, 2017, 11:32:37 AM
Also, this revelation taints any future discussion we might have because now I know for a fact that he's not here to genuinely discuss the issues, he's here to preach at us just like his last incarnation.

I have not met his former self. But preachy he certainly is. And he is good at ignoring other people's arguments and just continues preaching. He probably sees it as his God-given mission to preach to the 'poor godless atheists'. You can ban him but he will return. He has a mission from his invisible God.

Who are the moderators? How does one report him to the moderators?

Is he a Christian? I've asked him to define his 'God' but he has stoutly refused to do so. But his arguments appear to me to be the usual vomit that comes from the mouths of Christian apologists eg that loony Ravi Zacharias and that slimy serpentine dishonest William Lane Craig who would have made a mean used car salesman if he hadn't found his pot of gold in Christian apologetics. As Jesus says, 'You can detect a Christian by his filthy odour'. From Drew's foul smell, I suspect his God which he refuses to describe is none other than the Christian God - the three in one - as in a shampoo ad.

After Drew has been given a kick to his rump before he is tossed out of AF where he will wail and gnash his teeth, let's pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that the next theist or Christian who comes will have slightly more intelligence than that imbecile Drew. It's very hard to deal with imbeciles and when I was in CF, I was practically swimming in a sea of imbeciles.

Cavebear

Quote from: Hydra009 on October 01, 2017, 11:32:37 AM
Also, this revelation taints any future discussion we might have because now I know for a fact that he's not here to genuinely discuss the issues, he's here to preach at us just like his last incarnation.

A little story here.  I almost lived and died at one forum in the 90s about some books.  As discussions went on, a forum was created for "heated discussions".  *I* did not raise the subject of atheism, but I got drawn into it to a degree where I was asked to leave.  I tried to return under a completely different name months later, but I was immediately recognized and attacked.  I had the sense to recognize I was no longer welcome and I left more or less voluntarily.

I give Drew less respect than that.  He is not wanted but won't leave.  So Admin action is required.
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

St Truth

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 11:52:18 AM
A little story here.  I almost lived and died at one forum in the 90s about some books.  As discussions went on, a forum was created for "heated discussions".  *I* did not raise the subject of atheism, but I got drawn into it to a degree where I was asked to leave.  I tried to return under a completely different name months later, but I was immediately recognized and attacked.  I had the sense to recognize I was no longer welcome and I left more or less voluntarily.

I give Drew less respect than that.  He is not wanted but won't leave.  So Admin action is required.

Drew has no basic dignity. He is dishonest and cowardly and he'd do anything to promote his impotent God. He's too stupid to argue but all he wants is to preach his dumb religion.

Unbeliever

Quote from: St Truth on October 01, 2017, 11:45:51 AM
let's pray to the Flying Spaghetti Monster that the next theist or Christian who comes will have slightly more intelligence than that imbecile Drew.
Well, don't get your hopes up too much on that score, most of the theists that come here are no better than Drew. They can be entertaining for a while, but then they just become tiresome.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Cavebear

Quote from: Unbeliever on October 01, 2017, 12:18:33 PM
Well, don't get your hopes up too much on that score, most of the theists that come here are no better than Drew. They can be entertaining for a while, but then they just become tiresome.

Yeah, but most aren't so PERSISTENT and LENGTHY about it.  Well OK, IBN is worse...
Atheist born, atheist bred.  And when I die, atheist dead!

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on October 01, 2017, 12:10:49 PM
Drew has no basic dignity. He is dishonest and cowardly and he'd do anything to promote his impotent God. He's too stupid to argue but all he wants is to preach his dumb religion.

You take things too personally, and are rude (so unlike Anglicans) ... but you will grow out of it.  I would report you to the Admins, but they know what you post, and you are too young for the "death penalty" ... you are just suited for "juvi" along with the other young punks ;-))  You need to wear a black leather jacket, and put greasy kid stuff in your hair, and comb it into a DA (1950s American slang) ... like a mullet, only shorter.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Azee’ Å,a’ish nanídį́į́h?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Are you taking any medications?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 11:52:18 AM

I fear your DMV dictatorship oh DMV functionary from Hell ;-)  Yes, the former forum recognized you had previously been stoned ... for whatever error you did ... it is hard to LARP as someone else.  Just like being a liar is too much work, because you have to remember which lie you told to which person, and how to harmonize all that mess.  Not saying you are a liar .. or anyone else.  I am completely truthful, if not factual.  I am too lazy not to be.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: St Truth on October 01, 2017, 03:14:01 AM
I'm a cultural Christian and an altar boy. I've made that very clear. I was born in a Christian family and I go to church with my parents. But that doesn't mean I'm a theist. Please don't insult me. A theist is either an idiot, a madman or an ignoramus. I am none of these nor a combination of them. I'm certainly not a theist. Theism is a disease of the mind. I'm quite sane, thank you very much.

I agree that Anglicans are "not a true Scotsman" .. a true Scotsman would be Presbyterian ;-)  But lets not get into the whole "my false Christianity is better than your false Christianity".  You won't like going there ... you Anglican, you ;-))
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Baruch

Quote from: Cavebear on October 01, 2017, 06:56:29 AM
Google translation:  "Oh, that of a great Luke, the literature, I shall not seek the night of the life of Shen, nor the night, and the existence of an order. O God, a boy on the cliff of Aven."

Wow that sure puts ME in my place.  Well, if I can figure out what even THAT means...

Baruch, you know a lot about languages and the bible.   Is that a poor Google translation of something actually making biblical or quranic sense?

Sorry, total Google Translate failure.  I have shown this in a post earlier this year.  There is no AI, and Google is Evil.  Probably Egyptian dialect.  And probably not complementary ;-)  Sorry, I can only catch a word or two.
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

Mike Cl

Quote from: St Truth on October 01, 2017, 08:38:11 AM
Did that damned insane blood-thirsty pork-eating madman Muhammad teach you manners? Does bloody Allah aka the pink polka-dotted pig ever tell you to behave yourself when you are in an atheist forum? This is not a bloody mosque where you can scream foul language like they always do from your minaret.
Actually, he professes to be Catholic.  He does act like a theist, so his label does not mean much.  He is a brain dead idiot, in either case. Or every case.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?<br />Then he is not omnipotent,<br />Is he able but not willing?<br />Then whence cometh evil?<br />Is he neither able or willing?<br />Then why call him god?

Baruch

If this Drew is exiled to the Purgatory, I will still find it occasionally interesting to talk to him there.  Apparently St Truth doesn't know about that Purgatory ... don't they have that in Anglican theology?
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

sdelsolray

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 02:45:22 PM
If this Drew is exiled to the Purgatory, I will still find it occasionally interesting to talk to him there.  Apparently St Truth doesn't know about that Purgatory ... don't they have that in Anglican theology?

Good suggestion.  Perhaps Drew and Randy can get into it in the Purgatory subforum.  That would be entertaining.

Baruch

Quote from: sdelsolray on October 01, 2017, 02:55:42 PM
Good suggestion.  Perhaps Drew and Randy can get into it in the Purgatory subforum.  That would be entertaining.

If they are both Catholic ... and I have my doubts, then yes, it should be much like a conclave of cardinals arguing over who will be the next Pope ;-)
Ha’át’íísh baa naniná?
Táadoo ánít’iní.
What are you doing?
Don't do that.

St Truth

Quote from: Baruch on October 01, 2017, 02:45:22 PM

The 39 Articles dismiss purgatory as a papist superstition or words to that effect. Maybe it's transubstantiation which is a papist superstition - I don't remember. But it's the idiocy of Roman Catholicism. As if it wasn't bad enough that Christianity invented heaven and hell, the dumb papists had to cook up one more place. If only humans were blessed with a higher intelligence than what we see in dumb theists. Most of them like that Drew sock puppet have an IQ no higher than that of a gibbon with a head injury.

Speak the truth I must, for I am...

St Truth