News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

AT LAST! a Linux I LIKE!

Started by Jutter, April 18, 2014, 08:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jutter

I got Minecraft up and running after a reboot (I'll experiment later to see how well it'll handle a 'FeedTheBeast' modificationpack). I was also delighted to find good-old Warzone2100 from Eidos available as a freebie. An RTS game, with a modular weapondesign model, that let's you create a huge variaty of programable tanks, launchers and whatnot.
No religion for me thank you very much; I 'm full of shit enough as it is.

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

PickelledEggs

Jutter, have you played SuperTuxKart yet? That, OpenArena, and Batttle of Wesnoth I can play all day.

Jutter

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 20, 2014, 04:15:16 PM
Jutter, have you played SuperTuxKart yet? That, OpenArena, and Batttle of Wesnoth I can play all day.

Not yet so thanks for the tip. But you know what a timesink Minecraft is :-P

Being flabbergasted about existence never made anyone disappear in a poof of flabbergas, so nevermind why we're here. We ARE here.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Jutter on April 21, 2014, 11:40:32 AM
Not yet so thanks for the tip. But you know what a timesink Minecraft is :-P
I actually never played minecraft...  :redface:

Sent via your mom

Jutter

Okay, so you chop down the tree to get the wood. You get the wood to make a workbench. You use the workbench to make tools. You use the tools to build a shelter before it turns dark and the monsters come. And that's just day one. After that I always set up a wheatfarm for a first selfsustaining foodsource, and hunt for whooly sheep so I can build a bed and sleep through the nights.

Ultimately you have an infinitely large map to explore and build stuff in, and manipulate, down to the cubic unit. It has this 'the world is your oister' appeal that made it a huge cult indie hit.

Atheon

Seems Microsoft Word 2010 is working well (so far) on Mint, except the Times New Roman font (which clients demand) looks off when at 100%. If I zoom to 120%, it starts to look normal.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Atheon

I also looked at Zorin OS, but I hate the taskbar.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

MagetheEntertainer

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 18, 2014, 10:03:53 PM
Nice! I never tried mint. I've used ubuntu (which sucks horribly IMO) and I use Fedora right now (which I love, but is not necessarily user friendly).

I'll have to make a virtual machine and try it out since you're saying you like it so much.

I also have only used ubuntu and agree, it sucks.  I'm download mint now and i'm going to give it a test drive.  If I like it then i'll dual boot it on my new computer.

_Xenu_

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 18, 2014, 10:16:55 PM
Yeah. Unity is horrible. Plus Canonical always pushes out updates before they work right. I have never had such a glitchy computer as when I had Ubuntu.
Thats why you should stick to the long term releases instead of always upgrading to the newest version. Also, Unity sucks, install something else. Cinnamon is an option if thats what you prefer.
Click this link once a day to feed shelter animals. Its free.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/ars/home

PickelledEggs

Quote from: _Xenu_ on June 29, 2014, 07:44:47 AM
Thats why you should stick to the long term releases instead of always upgrading to the newest version. Also, Unity sucks, install something else. Cinnamon is an option if thats what you prefer.
Yeah. I had the lts version. But I think you're right, unity probably killed it. I'm very happy with Fedora RedHat though. Haven't had any problems and it's so clean.

Sent from your mom