Same Sex Marriage Ban Overturned In Utah

Started by stromboli, June 25, 2014, 02:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: stromboli on June 26, 2014, 01:34:50 PM
"Batantly overthrew the will of the people?"   :eek:

"Consrvatives are the only ones left to defend the constitution"  :axe:

Somebody needs to point out to the meatbrains that it was the constitution that decided the outcome of the decision.

We need to send every gay person in America down to the bible belt to have sex just so we can wipe it the fuck out with gaynadoes.
Already doing my part.

BTW: If tornadoes are God's punishment of "gay sin", then the Midwest must be some huge gay fuck fest during certain times of the year, and San Francisco must be near celibate.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on June 26, 2014, 01:17:28 PM
BREAKING NEWS:
Bigot tears for everyone!
Barbwire Butthurt!

Freeper Frustration!

You are free to find more, I need a break from la-la land.

Bringing the derp to the current page.

Hydra009

Quote from: SGOS on June 26, 2014, 06:22:20 AMThen there was the swing group, who up until that time, hadn't given it any thought.  They may have polled to questions like "Do you believe marriage is between a man and a woman," as a 'yes' because it was a tradition, and none had thought about it outside the context of their personal life experience.
Yep.  Lots of people either didn't know or didn't care about the issue, but gay rights activists put it on the national spotlight and also put a face to it - you could see pictures in the newspaper of gay people getting married and lots of people coming out of the closet.  It really humanized their cause and undermined prejudices against them.  The gay community did a terrific job of forcing the issue and working hard to change people's minds.

Johan

Quote from: SGOS on June 25, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
I wonder how many court cases and appeals there will be before this thing is done? 
Its going to become another Roe v Wade abortion type issue. The voice of the majority of the people will be heard and gay marriage will become law everywhere. And the strong minority who oppose it will NEVER give up and will waste billions of dollars of tax payer money getting pinhead senators to propose legislation which will never pass but be heard and debated none the less year after year after year for generations to come.

50 years from now, our grand children in the midwest will drive past billboards claiming that gay marriage is wrong and those who support it need to be stopped.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

stromboli

Quote from: Johan on June 26, 2014, 10:03:03 PM
Its going to become another Roe v Wade abortion type issue. The voice of the majority of the people will be heard and gay marriage will become law everywhere. And the strong minority who oppose it will NEVER give up and will waste billions of dollars of tax payer money getting pinhead senators to propose legislation which will never pass but be heard and debated none the less year after year after year for generations to come.

50 years from now, our grand children in the midwest will drive past billboards claiming that gay marriage is wrong and those who support it need to be stopped.

Scary, but I'm afraid you're right.

gussy

SCOTUS will have about a dozen or so cases to choose from.  Some states have foregone appeal and have taken the laws off the books.  States with right wing AG's will fight to the bitter end and lose. 

stromboli

I'm hoping to still be alive when a gay couple can stroll down the street holding hands and not be thought weird, or kiss in public. And all of the idiotic crap like Skeletal posted will be ignored off the internet.

StupidWiz

Quote from: stromboli on June 27, 2014, 12:22:20 PM
I'm hoping to still be alive when a gay couple can stroll down the street holding hands and not be thought weird, or kiss in public. And all of the idiotic crap like Skeletal posted will be ignored off the internet.
And when gay characters are fully represented in movie/video games/fictions without being edited in certain countries. When gay kiss scenes are just considered as any other kiss scene. When we can talk to our coworkers about our sexual orientations casually without having to worry about them feeling disgusted, shocked or spewing hateful remarks. When gays are no longer considered as jokes, disease, abominations, parasites, stigma. I long for that day too, and I hope before I die, at least I can see that happening even if it only happens in any secular countries, or maybe the US. :P

This has been my purpose of life, to be there watching as the world change for the better for us, LGBT people, hopefully.
... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

Jagare

Well sadly, I guess we can't all be New York all at once.

Some people are rather slow on figuring out that the whole premise behind Civil Rights is that they are not a privilege.  They belong to everyone. 

I'm always very pleased when I see a large group of Christards lose a battle.   :dance:

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Jagare on June 30, 2014, 08:55:24 PM
Well sadly, I guess we can't all be New York all at once.

Some people are rather slow on figuring out that the whole premise behind Civil Rights is that they are not a privilege.  They belong to everyone. 

I'm always very pleased when I see a large group of Christards lose a battle.   :dance:
How the fuck do you have multiple ranks?

DunkleSeele

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on July 01, 2014, 05:06:10 PM
How the fuck do you have multiple ranks?
He doesn't. He made his avatar out of several rank icons.

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: DunkleSeele on July 01, 2014, 05:15:02 PM
He doesn't. He made his avatar out of several rank icons.
Lol. Now I feel dumb.

Munch

Quote from: StupidWiz on June 27, 2014, 10:53:50 PM
And when gay characters are fully represented in movie/video games/fictions without being edited in certain countries. When gay kiss scenes are just considered as any other kiss scene. When we can talk to our coworkers about our sexual orientations casually without having to worry about them feeling disgusted, shocked or spewing hateful remarks. When gays are no longer considered as jokes, disease, abominations, parasites, stigma. I long for that day too, and I hope before I die, at least I can see that happening even if it only happens in any secular countries, or maybe the US. :P

This has been my purpose of life, to be there watching as the world change for the better for us, LGBT people, hopefully.

thats going to take many, many years for such a thing to happen world wide. While europe, canada and america have gay rights allowing for marriage, gay adoption and partnership rights, countires like the middle east still see gay people as abominations to be killed in public hangings, you know, those things that happened hundreds of years ago.
Still Christianity did come from sand people so it small wonder.

This gives a general world wide census of how gay rights have advanced in recent years, green for good red for bad.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin