Persecuted (Coming to a theater near you!)

Started by Aroura33, June 24, 2014, 04:32:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aroura33

So I was looking up coming attractions just for fun, and came across this little gem: (I searched topics, didn't see it.  If this has already been discussed, my apologies).
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1761005/?ref_=cs_ov_tt <---IMDB link

I mean really?  They really feel so persecuted in their overbloated majority that they think this isn't just complete and total fiction?  I know evangelists especially live in a fantasy world, but this just takes the cake.

At least it's and indie film.  Think it might hit the Big BIG screen, though?  Are there enough of them to push this kind of crap into mainstream movies?

"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

SGOS

That's the first I've heard about this one.  The big screens are becoming inundated with these things lately.  I haven't bothered seeing any of them yet, but I will probably rent a couple of the DVDs when they make it to the Red Box.  That trailer was vague enough and the dialog was rather drummed out by the music on my sound system, so that I could barely make out the spin it was meant to create.  Christians being persecuted?  It almost sounds like science fiction.  Certainly, they are not trying to depict reality.

stromboli

First thing I read this morning and now I'm nauseous.

PickelledEggs

Lol.

They probably made it in response to the ridicule they got from the last few xtian movies.

"stop making fun of our childish beliefs! No matter how unrealistic they are! " :rotflmao:

Sent from your mom

Gawdzilla Sama

The politician must be an atheist, right? Or No True Christian? Or maybe, HORRORS!, Catholic?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

It must be related to the fucking VA. 2000 years later and whallah!

OK, I'm fucking pissed off at the VA today. After a year and a half.. (Let me repeat) after ONE AND A HALF YEARS the fucking VA finally have my dentures ready, but I can't pick em up till AUGUST THE 8TH.  I might as wait for the return of Jesus or the rapture with these motherfuckers. They have em there now in a fucking box for Christ's sake.
Someone's getting on fucking teevee.. Smile motherfuckers.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

A mind boggling level of stupid. Like 7 out of over 500 congressmen identify as Christian, the Evangelical right is deeply imbedded in political pockets, birth control rights, abortion rights and Planned Parenthood have been decimated by them, and they play the victim card. Gag me.

Solitary

PERSECUTED CHRISTIANS?  :oak: :butt: Bring back the games where the lions devour them, and then they can say they are. We have Christians churches everywhere, Christianity shoved down our throats every day in the news, TV, politics, and movies, even at out front doors, they don't pay taxes because they wanted separation of Church and State, and they have the gall to say they are being persecuted?  :wtff: :madu: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Green Bottle

Persecuted my arse, i was persecuted by their bullshite all the way through childhood up until i was old enough to know better..
So basically,  if you dont believe what they believe your having a go at God, and thats just not fair cos he's a kind and loving god, so he is ...hallelujah.     Arseholes
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Poison Tree

Christian movies are the new horror movies--you can churn out a bunch of half-assed, low budget garbage knowing that you'll make a nice prophet from a built in market.
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

wolf39us

sweet, and when "God's Not Dead" comes out I'll watch them both!

Nam

Hey Christiansâ,,¢, this is persecution:

There are still states in the US that ban atheists from holding office, have laws still that say they can't be a juror, and shouldn't be allowed to vote because they really aren't citizens.

The bad thing about many american Christiansâ,,¢ is that the only people who really persecute them: are themselves.

How does the minority persecute the majority?

QuoteI'll tell you what you did with Atheists for about 1500 years. You outlawed them from the universities or any teaching careers, besmirched their reputations, banned or burned their books or their writings of any kind, drove them into exile, humiliated them, seized their properties, arrested them for blasphemy. You dehumanised them with beatings and exquisite torture, gouged out their eyes, slit their tongues, stretched, crushed, or broke their limbs, tore off their breasts if they were women, crushed their scrotums if they were men, imprisoned them, stabbed them, disembowelled them, hanged them, burnt them alive.

And you have nerve enough to complain to me that I laugh at you."

Dr Madalyn Murray O'Hair

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

The Skeletal Atheist

Persecuted? Censored? Don't make me fucking laugh. Where I live there churches across from churches that are right next to, churches. I wish I was exaggerating, but that's a thing. A local mosque on the outskirts of town had to have a cop there during services because some asshole shot at it. There are people in this country right now who are freely calling for the death of homosexuals, those who have had abortions, "blasphemers", and non-Christians yet these fuckwads have the nerve to say they're persecuted and censored because people are finally pushing back against their antifreedom bullshit? Fuck them. Fuck anyone who claims that Christians are persecuted here. Not only are they being whiny bitches about this shit, they are shitting in the face of every Christian who actually is persecuted. If they want to jump on the persecution bandwagon, I fully encourage them to move to Saudi Arabia or some other Muslim majority country where Christians actually are marginalized and killed for their beliefs. If I had the money I would buy them a one way plane ticket. Fuck these assholes.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Nam

Yep. I knew a Hindu that lives/d near my families church back in the 1990s, and the preacher would hound him on his morning run, which he did every day, including Sundays.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Hijiri Byakuren

I heavily suspect that this film's sentiment is not representative of majority opinion among Christians. Just thought I'd get that out there in the interest of fairness.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel